Wheel arch storage in a Kombi

Taylorm

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi All,

New to T6, looking for tidy storage options for my kombi, preferably over rear wheel arch's, that doesn't take up too much space and can easily be removed. I there such thing?

Planning to keep MTB bits and jerry can for water and prevent it all sliding about.

Also interested to see what other have.

Cheers

Mark

Like those. Where did the fixing screws go? Through any metal?

There is 3 fixings.

One is near the rear edge half way up, another is down through the internal top, and the last is behind the forward facing speaker grill.

All the fixings are various length machine screws and fix into corresponding threaded inserts, (rivnuts), in the bodywork.

Although I can take them out, I dont, as they are permanent.

I like boxed out arches as it squares the load space up while giving really useful storage and speaker enclosures.

Planning to keep MTB bits and jerry can for water and prevent it all sliding about.

Also interested to see what others have.

I had a custom slimline version of BOTT Smartvan racking really nicely installed by @BognorMotors for all my MTB kit and tools. The widest of the shelves will hold a full-face sideways in it's bag to give you an idea.

I literally have everything in the van easily to hand and very neatly organised with this system. It is as low profile as it comes (I researched that) and also looks cool as and is a British company. I should really update my original post with additional pics now all the kit is in there.

Here's the link to my original post so you can see what was done : Storage/racking For Lifestyle Vans

Last edited:
Hi would really like to match and make some of these boxes any more detail ply thickness more details on fixing how does the lid hold on please
Do you have a small rail fitted to the side of the internal panel
Thanks in advance Alan
Hi @Albel I have similar in my lwb. Great for kids,and me, to sit on and also keep my gubbins for f45s awning, noco charger, diesel heater and jump leads etc.... My 'lids' are snug fit and use 25mm stainless 90degree brackets to stop falling off. Ply I'd say was 12mm or 18mm. Very tidy.

Chris
Thanks for the reply
Do you have any more pictures that I could have or details have you carpet the whole thing
What sort of height width do you think works best pls
Sorry to be a pain still confused on the lid detail
Little sketch may help
Thanks again

Chris
Thanks for the reply
Do you have any more pictures that I could have or details have you carpet the whole thing
What sort of height width do you think works best pls
Sorry to be a pain still confused on the lid detail
Little sketch may help
Thanks again
Hi @Albel. Sorry house has been down with flu... Grabbed some time earlier to get pics and dimensions. Worth mentioning that my van is not a T6... I've experimented on another van first due to difficulty getting and costs of vw T6 after lockdown! Similar idea and size though.

My boxes very similar to first post,made from 18mm play and fully carpetted. I have a fine metal 90 degree angle screwed to play lining at rear instead of carpeted length of timber. I have 3 90 degree lugs that stop lids shifting forward and are a snug fit. The lids are cut to wedge in to slight recess at door end and don't move.

In terms of size.... Mine are overall 1540mm although taper at rear doors. Height is 380mm to top of lid. This clears carpetted wheel liner by approx 30mm. Lids are 200mm wide. The actual box out from lined and carpetted panel to front face is 180mm which allows a slight lip.

I'm happy with this setup as being slightly wider than a T6 allows me 1300mm clear between boxouts. My rhs one is empty.... Used for storing chargers, awning gubbins etc. The left one has my heater and fuel tank etc (controversial on this forum) as well as 12v socket. Also as mentioned above make great seats and help when packing....

IMG_20221222_134607.jpg

IMG_20221222_134310.jpg

IMG_20221222_134159.jpg

IMG_20221222_134447.jpg

IMG_20221222_134409.jpg

IMG_20221222_134035.jpg

IMG_20221222_134016.jpg

IMG_20221222_134329.jpg

IMG_20221222_133828.jpg

IMG_20221222_133837.jpg

IMG_20221222_133746.jpg

IMG_20221222_133752.jpg