Kombi threshold step for panel van - to match floor height.

Chippy1970

Carpenter
T6 Guru
Read a few threads on this but would like to hear from anyone who has swapped the standard side step to a kombi one. I've got non slip phenolic plywood for my floor which will sit on a mixture of 9mm spacers and the metal ribs of the floor. Will the kombi step work with 12mm ply only? No top covering or insulation so literally 12mm from van floor.

You will have a small gap but nothing major, the Kombi step is 15mm taller than the standard panel van step.

You will have a small gap but nothing major, the Kombi step is 15mm taller than the standard panel van step.
1599291341701-png.83998

Hi all,
Apologies if this has been covered before.
I have a panel van which I've converted to a Kombi with a rubber floor. Was ply floor before, so i need a deeper side step to go over the rubber.
I've looked on a few sites and I'm getting confused between 'deep step', 'deeper step' etc..
I just want the standard Kombi 'depth' for a rubber floor, preferably one without a light in as I don't have the wiring for this, but worst case I can blank it off
Can someone point me in the direction of the correct part?
Thanks in advance

There are 3 different depths
Std
Kombi
Caravelle

I can't remember the differences in depth but if you do a search on here you should find the info you need

EDIT: found it, threads merged.

Sorry to reply to such an old thread but..
Can you folks kindly share the EOM ETKA Code for the Kombi step (8.5cm) ?

Thanks!

Sorry to reply to such an old thread but..
Can you folks kindly share the EOM ETKA Code for the Kombi step (8.5cm) ?

Thanks!
I will be selling a Kombi step with light in the next week or 2 if you are interested. I don’t know the number off the top of my head though.

I'd love to but I live in northern Italy (Milan) so I'm afraid shipping/taxes costs makes it a non-viable solution :(
If you happen to find the code can you please post it? thanks!

I'd love to but I live in northern Italy (Milan) so I'm afraid shipping/taxes costs makes it a non-viable solution :(
If you happen to find the code can you please post it? thanks!
But maybe for LHD it’s different.

Thank you!
Not sure if is different for LHD will try to check with VW before ordering. Will let you know!

I will be selling a Kombi step with light in the next week or 2 if you are interested. I don’t know the number off the top of my head though.
Have u got the threshold cover for the back aswell? Is it for barn door? And how much? Thanks

Back