Rg_

T6 Guru
Hi guys, I'm removing my Kombi set up with seats, rubber floor and tie-down points. I am left with the factory holes from the tie-down bolts and will be left with holes from the Kombi seat brackets.

How should I deal with the holes before getting my plywood floor down e.t.c

You could either put some bolts through and use the original fixing brackets underneath and put a blob of sealant around the bolt head/washer to make it water tight or just fill the hole with sealant. I used Sika flex on mine

Thanks guys. May fill with bolts where applicable and then seal around with some tiger seal or something.

Wear gloves if you’re using tiger seal or sikaflex, it does NOT come off skin! Sticks like s*%t though...

What did you go for in the end?I need to do the same job. Is it a 8mm or 10 mm hole that is left from the seat fixings?

Title to grab the attention :D

For those that have removed Kombi seat brackets, what have you done to plug the holes?

Cheers

Just wondering what to do about the holes left from the lashing points.. so I put the bolts back in or fill with silicone .. cheers Gaz

Hi guys I sealed it with a bit of black silicone sealant. Had no issues with ply flooring and have a RIB bed fitted now.

Wouldn't some bolts with PTFE tape be an easier, neater option for sealing the threads? It'll come out easily if you ever do need to use them too.

Last edited:
What did you go for in the end?I need to do the same job. Is it a 8mm or 10 mm hole that is left from the seat fixings?
Hi the hole when you removed the Kombi seat brackets what size hole is it , so I know which rubber stopper to put in please
Thanks

Back