Kombi rear table

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by Lawce, 25 Feb 2018.

1. Lawce

Lawce Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    I am looking for a table for my kombi so my little girl can colour and watch her DVD player etc whilst we are travelling, she generally sits behind me when on the move. Has anyone done anything or got any photos/ideas? It is still standard in the back. Thanks

2. mopardave

mopardave 150 Kombi Manual VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    mine's an itc redwood system. It has a base that's bolted into the floor and the leg just unscrews when I want to stow it. Love it!:thumbsup:

3. superflyguy

superflyguy Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I wanted a removable table so opted for the fiamma, feet , leg and top all break down and very sturdy. I can also move it when my double seat swivel is rotated or take it outside.

598A17DC-7D83-4DDA-9D6D-F8BDB4AE2413.jpeg

EBEE8D85-086B-4AB0-A21E-BC84C755671E.jpeg

Last edited: 2 Mar 2018
  4. vw-me

vw-me Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    We have this, but only use it when we’re parked as I didn’t like the thought of it being straight infront of our daughter just incase we had a bump and she flew forward into it. Probably me worrying too much.

8009B525-A437-4050-92CD-948BC51DB81D.jpeg

DPS and superflyguy like this.
  5. Silverfox

Silverfox Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I like the look of that @superflyguy .
    Would it fit between two front swivel captains chairs rotated?
    If so where did you purchase and how expensive?:thumbsup:.

6. superflyguy

Map
    I don't know if you could as I have a double passenger seat with swivel, and a captain seat.
    You need to buy the fiamma pro tripod feet approx £35
    Fiamma tube pro table leg approx £15 , this can be cut to length to suit your needs, then screw the end caps on.
    Fiamma conic table leg base plate approx £10
    Table top I purchased from clearcutconversion on eBay £35, size and colour your choice.

So all in around £100, not the cheapest, but I like it's versatility and the fact when stripped down I could have the table top attached to the offside interior panel. I also leave it permanently set up and don't get any knocking or movement when driving. The fact I can move it behind the double swivel or outside in the summer suited my needs.

VWROBERT and Silverfox like this.
  7. DPS

DPS Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I tried this Fiamma table in my fully converted campervan. The problem I found with it was that because you tend to lean on it and nudge it as you move about in the fairly confined space, it can be unstable. The way @superflyguy is using it in his Kombi is very different though, and looks good. I find that a fixed, albeit removable, table in a campervan is the safest option though (and required by the DVLA), either by using a rail system attached to the cabinets, or the Reimo type leg system that @vw-me is using, or the system @mopardave is using. As with everything, its horses for courses.

8. MBBSA

MBBSA Member T6 Pro

Map
    I have a similar table setup in my Kombi which has twin front swivel seats. I made a slightly different table top so it would fit slightly between the front seats when facing forward. Still leaves some room in front of the rear passengers too. Hope this helps.

IMG_6927.JPG

IMG_6930.JPG

IMG_6929.JPG

Rich07, J8usx and Silverfox like this.
  9. superflyguy

Map
    You are correct, it's not going to suit everyone, I'm a solo traveller as my teenage daughter thinks it's uncool to come away with me, so nobody uses back , only me when I'm parked up. Mine isn't classed as a campervan either so no issues with DVLA.

Last edited: 2 Mar 2018
  10. superflyguy

Map
    I decided to go for this option after seeing yours @MBBSA and I'm pleased with it.

11. MBBSA

MBBSA Member T6 Pro

Map
    Had it in there for a year now and the kids love it. Just the right size. Thought we would remove it when we weren't using it but that has never happened, its been in there ever since. @superflyguy glad it helped.

superflyguy likes this.
  12. superflyguy

Map
    It's a pleasure , thanks for the recommendation, good example of why i use the forum :thumbsup:

MBBSA likes this.
  13. Silverfox

Silverfox Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Where's the best place to purchase fiamma bits from?
    What dimensions are your table tops guys,just to give me an idea?

14. DPS

DPS Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Silverfox likes this.
  15. Lawce

Map
    Thanks for the replys gents, plenty of ideas to chew on

vw-me likes this.
  16. ZipcodeUK

ZipcodeUK Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
  17. superflyguy

Map
    They are van X blackout curtains, great quality and are totally blackout. The rails are a pain as have to be bent to fit window and drilled. Some companies supply pre drilled and shaped.

18. slidepods

slidepods Senior Member Trade Member T6 Guru

Map
    Personally i would go for a fold out leg type that secures to a wall mounted rail. If its to be used whilst travelling a free standing table could potentially be lethal, dont get me wrong one fixed to the wall could be lethal aswell but i would suggest having it fixed somewhere. The redwood and sequoia table legs are great but will require you to cut your rubber floor.

19. Lawce

Map
  20. slidepods

slidepods Senior Member Trade Member T6 Guru

Map
    Sure give us a call and ask for Jonny. I will be happy to help.

DPS likes this.
Tags: