Kombi rear seat location.

Lmuk17

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Sorry if this has been covered, I’ve found similar but not quite what I’m looking at.
I’ve recently seen pictures of the rear bench being positioned further back in the van on additional fixing points.
My question is, would it be possible to add just another 2 fixing points so I could just bump it back a bit? So the rear points of the bench would go into the new fixing points and the front points would go into the existing rear fixing points? If that makes any sense at all :rofl:

My aim is to just gain a bit more leg room when the front seats are swivelled, but I don’t have enough room to add another 4 fixing points due to the bed in the back.

Apologies if that’s all just nonsense!:whistle:

It appears to have been covered before. See post #14 of this thread. An interesting idea though if it could be made to work.

I have done this with a twin and single seat, makes a good space between front and rear seats or move them forward for more load space

@Stevef37 welcome.
Did you move both parts back? How did you overcome the 2 inch pitch issue? Sounds like winner if it can be done.

Divots for bracket location are pressed into the floor if you lift up the mat
@Stevef37 welcome.
Did you move both parts back? How did you overcome the 2 inch pitch issue? Sounds like winner if it can be done.
Ok my seats use original brackets where a kombi 2 plus 1 would click into the normal brackets, I have then added another row of brackets 400mm back so the seats use the original rear brackets and the new ones further back

It appears to have been covered before. See post #14 of this thread. An interesting idea though if it could be made to work.

Amazing, Thankyou! Oddly enough it was a picture of that van that made me think of it but I couldn’t any posts :rolleyes:. My same question has been asked but I don’t think it’s been answered?
I know I could go out and measure but I’d have to take a lot apart and this was an easier option :notworthy:

Ok my seats use original brackets where a kombi 2 plus 1 would click into the normal brackets, I have then added another row of brackets 400mm back so the seats use the original rear brackets and the new ones further back
That’s the one!! Good job, I’ll get on it :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks!!

Fair enough! Obviously if you don't use the VW positions I guess you could fit the seats anywhere. How do the reinforcing plates look underneath?

Fair enough! Obviously if you don't use the VW positions I guess you could fit the seats anywhere. How do the reinforcing plates look underneath?
That’s the tricky bit, you use the same plates as for the originals available from vw but 2 bolts exit through the chassis, I used long high tensile bolts for this and the chassis is obv stronger than the plates, mines lwb though think it’s a bit more awkward on the swb

Back