1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kombi Interior To Caravelle Executive?

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by gmaster, 12 Jun 2018.

1. gmaster

gmaster Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Hi All - When I spec’ed my van from new I ordered it with rear windows factory fitted. I’ve since been informed that it is likely that I have a shuttle / Caravelle shell on a T32 chassis.

My questions are:

1. How hard would it be to fit a T6 Caravelle interior (crash damaged / breaking).

2. What problems am I likely to encounter?

3. Has anyone done it before?

Thanks in advance.

2. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    Provided you have a glazed tailgate also then you have pretty much all the fixing holes/slots etc
    Think you may need to rivot a couple OE metal plates to hold the C pillars in place etc but pretty straight forward, the hardest bit will be finding a complete interior that all matches
    Just check you have the little grooves around your rear windows as this is what the trims locate onto

3. Deaky

Deaky Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    1, easy, you just need deep pockets.

2, none as long as you have a SWB twin sliding doors and a tailgate.

3, there are a few of us with floor rails, door cards, sliding door cards etc, etc

4. gmaster

Map
    Pauly, thanks for the quick reply.

I do have a glazed tailgate and the fixing slots around the rear windows, which is a result!

Do you know if / where I can get an exploded diagram of the Caravelle?

I’ll document it as I’m doing it and put it on the forum when it’s done.

5. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    Not aware of one in the style your thinking of
    ETKA diagrams are very sectional ie one illustration for SLD another for rear quarter another for tailgate etc etc and it only generally shows one side (near side) with a list of parts saying left or right

6. gmaster

Map
    1. I don’t have deep pockets, but I may have found a complete interior from a damaged van for a good price! (Fingers crossed I get it)!

2. I do have twin sliders.

3. I have the rails and seats in place already and asked them to fit an original floor and not to cut the fixing points off the steps. Hopefully this will help the fixing of the interior.

Do you think I need to reclassify the van once it’s complete?

7. gmaster

Map
    I’ll see if I can source the diagrams and maybe put together a pdf file for the download section if you want it?