Well fella, looking awesome. So much work gone into this.. all this little tweeks and bit to make it work and look as velle OEM as possible.

How's the addition of the rear speakers?
Any further plans to get the red stitch in the rear?

Great work pal.

Speakers and the rear power points are wired in the back and run to the dash, but not connected yet. I will do all the connecting behind the dash in one go as i want to add full function extra USB point in the dash as well.

No more plans with the red at the moment just want to get this work finished up before i start anything else.

Jeeez @StudleyGlass…..you're out of control! Awesome!! Absolutely love the rail system.....I really could do with that kind of flexibility for load carrying.:thumbsup:

Can I ask @StudleyGlass why not just buy the stuff from camper glass? Did you save much this way? Or just want better product?

I could not buy the glass that i have made for the dummy internal windows. You can buy the dummy glass windows to stick on the external panel on a kombi to look like it has rear windows and you can buy the glass ready made to cut proper windows out.
I did not want either .
My glass is shaped to fit inside the rear window opening on C and D pillar/roof and lower panel. The Caravelle interior trims round the opening fit tight to the metal panels on the van so there is no room to sit the glass behind them as they would if the were proper glazed windows.
Dont no if this makes much sense but are put some more pictures when i get round to fitting them hopefully this week.

Very posh! So wish I bought a caravelle, maybe il get a t7 velle when they come out

Took a trip to oxford for the day to meet the nice guys at @VWVC . Colin suppied and installed a new caravelle rail floor system with four seats. Had a nice day there, all the work was professional done and very clean and tidy. Thanks to Colin and his brother for there fine work again :thumbsup:

View attachment 24066

View attachment 24067

View attachment 24068

View attachment 24069

View attachment 24070

View attachment 24071

Just stumbled on this myself and very jealous indeed. May I ask what the cost of the rail system was fitted

Just stumbled on this myself and very jealous indeed. May I ask what the cost of the rail system was fitted

I would recommend you give colin @VWVC a call. He is the best man for the job and costs as you will read on this forum. :thumbsup:

Managed to get the dummy windows installed. They May need a bit of tweaking yet but are see how they go for a bit.

View attachment 33848

View attachment 33849
As apposed to dummy windows, aren’t these real windows? Or is that some clever reflection technology that makes it look like you are seeing what is outside @StudleyGlass?
Is the glass pane just adhered to the outside of the rear quarter panel, or was the panel cut out to accommodate the glass?

As apposed to dummy windows, aren’t these real windows? Or is that some clever reflection technology that makes it look like you are seeing what is outside @StudleyGlass?
Is the glass pane just adhered to the outside of the rear quarter panel, or was the panel cut out to accommodate the glass?

Your not the only one confused.
By dummy glass, I assumed you meant attached to the rear quarter over the actual metal panel @StudleyGlass but that looks like you have the glass on the inside :confused: Or is it glass on both inside and outside?

I wanted to retain the kombi look from the outside with no rear windows, so as you see in the earlier posts i made templates to fit inside the internal window opening. Then i replicated them in glass and had the painted black. (like you can have in kitchen splashbacks) then i fitted them to the inside of the rear metal panel. This (hopefully) gives the effect from the inside of having blacked out rear windows but on the outside standard kombi.

Hope this makes more sense if not just come and look :slow rofl:

Back