Can I ask how you wired the mids?

I would love to tell you have wired the audio myself but my nose would get even bigger ;) . All i did was run some cabling why i had the floor up. The wiring was done by my local audio shop , so i have no idea...sorry

Took a trip to oxford for the day to meet the nice guys at @VWVC . Colin suppied and installed a new caravelle rail floor system with four seats. Had a nice day there, all the work was professional done and very clean and tidy. Thanks to Colin and his brother for there fine work again :thumbsup:

20180511_075554.jpg

20180511_134721.jpg

20180511_142547.jpg

20180511_160932.jpg

20180512_113101.jpg

20180520_101235.jpg

Anyone know the part numbers for the black B-pillar trim?

@Pauly supplied them so i am sure he will know ? There are a few types. The bottom part does not fit the the Kombi top part so you need that to. Also the top part will not fit to a kombi roof , it is designed for the caravelle roof ...oh and the seatbelt top bracket is different too :)

20180318_094552.jpg

@Pauly supplied them so i am sure he will know ? There are a few types. The bottom part does not fit the the Kombi top part so you need that to. Also the top part will not fit to a kombi roof , it is designed for the caravelle roof ...oh and the seatbelt top bracket is different too :)

View attachment 24092
The joys of Caravelling a Kombi :rolleyes:

View attachment 24092

Jeeeez maybe worth me thinking of other options ....

View attachment 24092

Is there a different front headlining too?

I've only just stumbled on this thread @StudleyGlass …..must've been under a rock somewhere! Anyway.....stunning.....absolutely first rate! I want to get the seat conversion done plus a few other things, but I'm being held back by the horrible feeling that I'm going to have major problems with my paint....the dreaded blisters. If I can't get a top class invisible repair done, then I'm taking my bat and ball home in disgust.....it'll be time for a complete change. That aside...….seriously mate.....that's class! :thumbsup:

Is there a different front headlining too?

Yes the front headlining is different in a caravelle , to accommodate the rear headlining. A caravelle lining is lower as it has the air-con vents and lights in them.

Yes the front headlining is different in a caravelle , to accommodate the rear headlining. A caravelle lining is lower as it have the air-con vents and lights in them.

If you are getting a caravelle one can I buy your combi one ?

I've only just stumbled on this thread @StudleyGlass …..must've been under a rock somewhere! Anyway.....stunning.....absolutely first rate! I want to get the seat conversion done plus a few other things, but I'm being held back by the horrible feeling that I'm going to have major problems with my paint....the dreaded blisters. If I can't get a top class invisible repair done, then I'm taking my bat and ball home in disgust.....it'll be time for a complete change. That aside...….seriously mate.....that's class! :thumbsup:
Thank you.
Fingers crossed you get your paint issues sorted ....would be a shame to lose you, i enjoy reading your posts :thumbsup:

Back