Kombi B pillar upper trim removal

Tsixty

T6 Guru
Any tips on removing the upper B pillar driver side trim on a Kombi (has a sliding door on that side if it makes any difference). I have some instructions from the workshop manual but they aren't that helpful. Step one says remove the coat hook if fitted - there is a coat hook at the top but I can't for the life of me see how it comes off and the instructions don't say! Once the coat hook is off presumably it just prises off by getting a trim tool under the door

Take a look in the 'Where the clips are' thread, first page shows the upper and lowwer B pillar covers

Take a look in the 'Where the clips are' thread, first page shows the upper and lowwer B pillar covers
Thanks - is helpful to see it but that trim doesn't look like it has the coat hook at the top - hard to see how such a little pesky hook can be so hard to get off!! Presumably the lower B pillar trim can't easily be removed with out removing the upper first?

I think the coat hook stays on the vehicle, I don't remember ever having to remove it.

I think the coat hook stays on the vehicle, I don't remember ever having to remove it.
Mine is integral/fixed through the trim, can't see how the trim can come off without removing it. It's actually the bottom one that I need to get behind, I might see if I can just get behind that enough without having to remove the top one.

No, it looks different to both of those. But don't worry. Now I've seen where the clips are I've managed to get the right trim tool in and work the clips out of the lower trim. With out removing any of the seat belt attachments or the coat hook I've just got enough room to get my fingers behind it which is hopefully enough for what I need to do. Started pouring down with rain and gone dark, so have left the lower clips out and will have another look tomorrow.

You might wonder what I am doing.......I have a double USB charger mounted in the lower B pillar trim which has stopped working so suspected either the unit was faulty or wire has come off it. Sure enough I can now see in enough to see that one of the wires has broken off the spade connector on the back of the USB unit. Hopefully now I can get my fingers in enough to unscrew the retaining ring on the back and which will allow me to bring the USB unit out and repair the broken wire to it.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry for late reply I'm in Hanoi at the moment and my email has been off since Tuesday, the coat hook as far as I can remember is riveted to the pillar cover and probably not available separately. Have a look at the fiche on Catalog VW TRANSPORTER it will be in there somewhere.

No problem at all. Thanks very much for this, I’m not sure it’s there, but I’ll take another look. I try the parts department next time I’m in the dealership.

Back