Kombi 204ps gets the thumbs up from me

Tommy

T6 Guru
My van went in today for side window leak and they gave me a van to go home in. It was a 150ps Kombi van Trendline T30 6 speed manual

Now I'm far from a speed demon but couldn't believe how flat this engine felt, I initially thought is was the 102ps it felt that bad. So glad I hung out for my 204ps, so much torque low down. Just wondered how these perform when converted with additional weight as well. 150ps was great on mph though, also really glad I was able to afford the Highline as the little extras (albeit extortion compared to other brands) really made for a more comfortable experience and super happy with the comfort pack - big difference compared to standard, maybe if I'd had a Trendline from offset I wouldn't have known different

Also looking at the California whilst in the garage and the sales guy said that the 204 was now replaced by a 199ps engine which would filter through to all Kombi's later this year

I'm not a camper, but carry the same kind of weight with all my work kit fit out, if not a little heavier. My 204 dsg still pulls like a train, still leaves most cars in the wind, and still out corners most cars, and all other vans.

I've never driven anything lower powered than my current T6, so couldn't compare, but my mate has a 150, and he says his is powerful compared to his previous Transit. I guess if you have the most powerful from the beginning, anything lower hp will always feel flat.

My 204 felt gutless after driving Bognors 300hp TSI, so it's all relative.

I had a remapped 2009 Vivaro 2.0TDCi for 5 years prior to the T6. Great engine, even prior to the mild remap. Very well matched to the chassis and gearbox. Drove a new Vivaro 140 BiTurbo. They have a 1.6 Clio engine and box. A super flat laggy retrograde step. Ugh.:unsure: Slower and flatter in every way than a T6. Then drove a 150 T6, felt very similar to the Vivaro power and driveability. Then found my 204 DSG... It was like something from the future !! ... Never looked back. :thumbsup:

I had a remapped 2009 Vivaro 2.0TDCi for 5 years prior to the T6. Great engine, even prior to the mild remap. Very well matched to the chassis and gearbox. Drove a new Vivaro 140 BiTurbo. They have a 1.6 Clio engine and box. A super flat laggy retrograde step. Ugh.:unsure: Slower and flatter in every way than a T6. Then drove a 150 T6, felt very similar to the Vivaro power and driveability. Then found my 204 DSG... It was like something from the future !! ... Never looked back. :thumbsup:

I originally had a 90hp 2006 Vivaro and that thing was gutless, but super reliable.
Then upgraded to the new shape 2015 Vivaro 120 biturbo and thought it was a fantastic engine. Perky enough to be fun, but I averaged mid 40s, which was amazing fuel economy for my driving. If it wasn't for the fact the rest of the van fell apart around that great engine, I'd probably still be driving it.

Now then, that Bognor TSI I keep hearing about, would love to meet up with that one day :thumbsdown: And guess your right, I've had 204 from offset so know no different but love every time I sit in her seat

My girlfriend has an Audi Q5 quattro which I drive from time to time but honestly prefer the T6 in every way, apart from bumpy roads but I come from construction and driving pickup trucks over the years so doesn't bother me too much

One thing I noticed yesterday as travelling home over an 84 mile round trip, 150 ps 56 mpg, 204 ps 45 mph travelling 66 mph

Back