KMC Holeshot and BFG wheels - VWT5 Upgrades

Holeshots on KO2s with the writing, have to be the best looking Swamper wheel on a Transporter. That White one looks awesome.

I'm surprised you haven't had a chat with Weller about a deal supplying their new Steel Swamper wheels @MAT@VWT5UPGRADES.
They are slightly tempting me off my current banded wheels.
The only thing that is concerning me is how those bolts holding that ring will react if they catch a kerb.

Last edited:
Hi all, first post! Really liking the swamper look! Just ordered a set of ATX 201 with 255/55/18 General Grabber AT3's from Matt who started this thread and he has been exceptionally patient and helpfull! Hopefully they will arrive Thursday and should be fitted ASAP over the weekend. I will post pics as soon as I can. PS the T6 Forum has been absolutely invaluable to me so far thank you all for contributing and running it, who would have known that by holding down a button on the key fob the windows would close and the mirrors would fold!! Had the van a year before I stumbled across that.

Wheels fitted and very pleased!! I think they look better in the real world as pics of black wheels on dark blue van don't seem to come out very well. Before and after pics below. Thanks Matt@VWT5UPGRADES. Had one minor excursion and no problems with rubbing so far but these are BIG and only clear the rear liners by approx 15mm. Side bars and wheel arch protectors next but can't decide between black or Stainless steel or what shape, any opinions will be gratefully received. MS0AuqdaQg2U0hjPhgF5jQ.jpg IKQdptbJReyIREyrGBcv7w.jpgXer5notnQ9GeC5FfJyYw7w.jpgD+1F0UeoQJ2966Frt4tlrg.jpg ICieijrXSoeSCuSXiK2zhw.jpggRLmZA2iTJy7nSNaivCI4g.jpg

Wheels fitted and very pleased!! I think they look better in the real world as pics of black wheels on dark blue van don't seem to come out very well. Before and after pics below. Thanks Matt@VWT5UPGRADES. Had one minor excursion and no problems with rubbing so far but these are BIG and only clear the rear liners by approx 15mm. Side bars and wheel arch protectors next but can't decide between black or Stainless steel or what shape, any opinions will be gratefully received. View attachment 48123 View attachment 48107View attachment 48108View attachment 48109 View attachment 48110View attachment 48111
Hi,

they look great, how are you finding the MPG and Road Noise?

CZ.

This is a good look, just looked up the tyres on google and what comes up all looks a lot bulkier than the photo...

I am having my van converted soon and am looking at finding a sweet spot between the low profile and swamper look. In terms of use it will mainly be on-road - so noise and MPG are big factors, but i would also like to feel comfortable in the mud and snow and when driving through muddy fields and the Alps... Ideally whatever i go with will be suitable all year round as do not have space to keep a separate around...

Could you offer any advice? thx.

This is a good look, just looked up the tyres on google and what comes up all looks a lot bulkier than the photo...

I am having my van converted soon and am looking at finding a sweet spot between the low profile and swamper look. In terms of use it will mainly be on-road - so noise and MPG are big factors, but i would also like to feel comfortable in the mud and snow and when driving through muddy fields and the Alps... Ideally whatever i go with will be suitable all year round as do not have space to keep a separate around...

Could you offer any advice? thx.
I went for Grabbers for the speed rating and weather grip over the BFG's and am very happy with the set up but aesthetically I love the aggressive look of the BFG's. Speak to Matt who started this thread he is a wealth of knowledge on what does or does not fit.@MAT@VWT5UPGRADES

Wheels fitted and very pleased!! I think they look better in the real world as pics of black wheels on dark blue van don't seem to come out very well. Before and after pics below. Thanks Matt@VWT5UPGRADES. Had one minor excursion and no problems with rubbing so far but these are BIG and only clear the rear liners by approx 15mm. Side bars and wheel arch protectors next but can't decide between black or Stainless steel or what shape, any opinions will be gratefully received. View attachment 48123 View attachment 48107View attachment 48108View attachment 48109 View attachment 48110View attachment 48111
is it stock suspension or lifted?

Back