Sold Kitchenette including Dometic CRX50 fridge freezer, Dometic sink/2 burner hob combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

benanza

VIP Member
I recently purchased an old Mercedes Vario 814 that had a kitchen fitted that was designed for smaller camper vans like the T6/T5. I'm planning a full refurb of the internal space and have access to a CNC machine so will be making custom furniture that suits our needs, so this is all surplus to requirements.

Dimensions are depth 525mm, width 1770mm, height at highest point 1600mm.

It has a like new Dometic CRX 50 fridge (RRP £600 online), Dometic sink and 2 burner hob (RRP £300) and the large unit that it all sits within, which has cupboard space under the sink, a cutlery drawer above the fridge and two huge cupboards to the right. The tambour door covers two large shelves which are perfect to hold boxes securely, or the shelf can be removed to turn that space into a wardrobe with the installation of a rail (not included). The lower space again has a shelf and offers lots more storage space for less frequently used items or small children that need some time out.

As you can see from the example listing I've linked to below, brand new versions of smaller set ups than this one go for £1,700+, with much less storage. I'm selling for £1,195 so you can not only get the same, or better, hardware (fridge, burners, sink) as you would for at least £500 more, you also get a much larger amount of storage to keep your essentials safe and secure.

I can deliver the unit within 200 miles of Gateshead by arrangement and with the cost of fuel covered. We can discuss a price for delivery before you buy if you want to know exactly what fuel costs will likely be. We're driving a truck that does 25mpg at the most, so it might be more economical for you to collect. Either way we can make something work.

If you have any questions please let me know.

E760CD09-3C9E-46B3-9820-10E4BC9A8BB5.jpeg
7CBF1DFB-2850-4DCB-A004-425914E54389.jpeg

6998A787-64BD-4C20-B588-D3D2F0F52AFC.jpeg

Wondering whether this would fit behind the kombi seats in a LWB... all be it with a bit of cutting down. Is it in a high top vehicle currently? Height is much more than available for me unfortunately.

Wondering whether this would fit behind the kombi seats in a LWB... all be it with a bit of cutting down. Is it in a high top vehicle currently? Height is much more than available for me unfortunately.
It’s in a Mercedes Vario 814D, so pretty high top as far as panel vans go.

That said, the tambour section could easily be moved. The rails it runs on are plastic and screw into the side of upright panels so they’re easy to remove, cut to size and refit. The rest comes apart with screws and can be cut with a panel saw or table saw if you have one. If it were me I’d probably reduce the size of the tambour section as that would be easier, simply because you wouldn’t have to move the hinge on the door. I think you’d need to lose 400mm ish maximum.

As far as I know the kitchen and the cupboard next to it can be separate so that’s an option too.

I think it’s a bit of a bargain so it’s worth doing a bit to make it work in a space.

What's the height of the worktop? I've just looked at what a vario is and no wonder it's bigger! Massive amount of space! Just trying to figure out how I'd cut it down without making it look rubbish. Will have a think about it and see if I can make it work.

The worktop is 755mm high.

It’s not designed for the Vario, it’s definitely made for something smaller.

Do you have access to a decent track saw or table saw? If so you could take the top off the cabinet side, remove the tambour door and then take the panels that form the box apart.

On further reflection I’d probably remove the door and cut the bottom of the panels to reduce the height. Then I’d cut the door down so it fit the new height well, add a bit of trim to the cut edge and add the top hinge back to its original place and put the bottom hinge in the new place.

The tambour would look bad if you changed the top of the box as the top bit hides to rolled up door. It’s definitely doable without too much work, and doing the bottom of the door will be the least obvious place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back