Kiravans Barn door awning

Malb09

Hi Guys
Just purchased a barn door awning from Kiravans, seems a good bit of kit - however it would not fit my van as the aluminium pole provided to fit between the open doors was too long! (approx 10cm) Apparently, some vans doors do not open quite as wide as others? Kiravans have acknowledged that they are aware of this and some vans (like mine) are just not suitable for their awning. I was just wondering if any of you out there have come across this. My doors when opened are in line with the sides of the van, but it looks like some open slightly beyond 90 degrees! ( without selecting the button to open them right back). I am not knocking Kiravans, but it seems there are definite differences from van to van!
Any feedback would be welcome.

Benp1
Had a look at the Stitches and Steel awning - their pole is completely adjustable (Kiravans pole is a fixed length).
So thanks a lot, I will be ordering one asap.

Mud Digger
That awning looks the business, what make is it please?

its a Pack a shack it's sold and states not water proof but its wheather proof but does leak and you get a pond in the groundsheet shame its not made from the ground sheet material nicely made as a changing room a tad pricey @ £350 but happy with it 2 chairs and a table fit easily oh and a wife lol

awning 2.JPG

Cheers for that mate, I actually saw your earlier post about it, but not till I had asked the question - Doh!
Looks like good additional space, so might consider one.
Many thanks

Cheers for that mate, I actually saw your earlier post about it, but not till I had asked the question - Doh!
Looks like good additional space, so might consider one.
Many thanks

I could not find a barn door awning theres a few for Tail gates they have get proper ones. i dont have the guy ropes fitted in the pics its nicely made and a good fit and i have a spoiler. it's made for a Transporter
There's a string pull that tightens around van and suckers onto the van it has mesh in the groundsheet where the van will drip
the roof stitching for a small cross bar X Puddles and it drips through the stitching . i ll try and seal it up most tents leak 1st down pour turns into a sun canopy with 2 longer poles not supplied . zips did't leak ... over all i am very pleased was sold as not water tight but a great bit of kit even for a emergency toilet tent too

regards Nick

Back