Key Replacement?

Montecha

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
My son has bought a Skoda Citigo from an Auction, its in nice condition, but the remote key has the metal key part broken off, so he's using the manual key for the ignition and the three button remote broken key for central locking.

Dropped by Skoda Stealer today, and got quote £230 for two new remote keys fully programmed. As its all VAG and the remote key is the same as our T6s, (just a different gel logo) is there a cheaper solution?

I just found out that MY18 models don't ship with a non electronic key and VW want £100 to make me one!

I was quoted over £200 for one electronic key for my Audi a3 a few years back so that's not bad.

Our local auto lock guy charges around 130 a key reducing if you have more than one so doesn't sound like a bad price

Hmm....maybe I should really be thankful it's a Skoda then!

Rang them for some other bits today, and the parts guy offered 10% discount on the keys, so just took his hand off

I just found out that MY18 models don't ship with a non electronic key and VW want £100 to make me one!
Is this with a chip or just a “Surf key” cause I got the latter made for £9 and it’s fine!

Back