Key not found, ignition on?!

Elvis_the_T6

Hi everyone

After pulling up at home today (2016 T6), turning off the engine and removing the key, the dash flagged "key not found" and the ignition is still on (engine off), flashing up multiple errors. Took for a drive and a couple of random warning lights stayed on and the same happened again when trying to turn it off. Also tried our other key but still happening.

Totally out of the blue, it's been running an absolute dream!

Any ideas? Literally scratching our heads!

Think I'm having this problem as well. Just had it in t the garage to get check up and brakes done before it MOT on Monday and the guy phoned asking about it. Only think I can think of is that I hard wired the dashcam in but don't know how that would affect it. Did you get your issue sorted ?

May sound daft, and infact be daft, but have you changed battery in key fob? My xtrail does this when battery needing replaced ...

I met with the guy at the garage and disconnected the dashcam, it wasn't the problem lol I have a spare key, going to try that tomorrow when I pick the van up. Haven't tried the key fob battery yet. Will try it if the spare key works fine, failing that I'm leaning towards the ignition barrel. Thanks for the advice Chris :thumbsup:

Hi everyone

After pulling up at home today (2016 T6), turning off the engine and removing the key, the dash flagged "key not found" and the ignition is still on (engine off), flashing up multiple errors. Took for a drive and a couple of random warning lights stayed on and the same happened again when trying to turn it off. Also tried our other key but still happening.

Hi @Elvis_the_T6

Is your van a conversation or just run about van ?

I just got mine back from an auto-electrician. He found an issue with the leisure battery controller, it.had been connected to an ignition live. It seems as though the leisure battery was trying to charge the main battery. If that makes sense. That's how he explained it to me anyway lol

My engine keeps running after key taken out any ideas lads it's not the cat 2 cobra engine embolization either been check in local VW over a week and still don't know why it's doing it aswell .

My engine keeps running after key taken out any ideas lads it's not the cat 2 cobra engine embolization either been check in local VW over a week and still don't know why it's doing it aswell .
Key switch failed?

It was a amp been fitted going to fuse taken to much power and won't shut down. So unplugged amp and looks like that's the problem taken to much power out fuse bank in fuse box

Hi everyone

Hi Elvis,
i have the same problem that you described on my ‘18 California. What was the fix ?
thanks Brian

They haven't logged in since 2021...

You might get more notice with your own thread and circumstances including any fault codes if you have a reader?

Back