Key Locks for Tailgate

Plastic Cow

New to this forum and T5/6’s in general.

I noticed a T6 (see pic) with a key lock barrel in the handle (with additional deadlocks). I thought T6’s only had remote locking or am I missing something?

Is there an aftermarket in retrofitting locks in tailgates?

Any help much appreciated.E3EB2EC5-712B-44FA-9046-2B33ED18D70F.jpeg

Hi @Plastic Cow,

That looks very much like an aftermarket lock although I am happy to be proved wrong. I certainly don’t have one on my T6. The one on the bottom right of the tailgate is 100% aftermarket,

My biggest concern with this many locks is it may scream something inside is valuable to a light fingered scote.

Yes they’re aftermarket deadlocks, I had them all round on a previous van.

Thanks ‘Andys’ I’ve seen adverts for the fitting of deadlocks but I am intrigued by the lock barrel in the handle. I’ve never seen one on a T6.

Thanks ‘Andys’ I’ve seen adverts for the fitting of deadlocks but I am intrigued by the lock barrel in the handle. I’ve never seen one on a T6.

I had "locks4vans" deadlocks fitted to my old T5, but haven't done to my T6.1.

Firstly because if you have them but don't lock them, your insurance won't cover you. Secondly because a friend of mine had someone break into his van - the deadlocks didn't stop them but meant they just made a bigger mess of his doors and cost him more to repair them.

I also wonder if it makes the van stand out and makes would-be thieves think my van is full of stuff worth stealing.

Hi @Plastic Cow,

That looks very much like an aftermarket lock although I am happy to be proved wrong. I certainly don’t have one on my T6. The one on the bottom right of the tailgate is 100% aftermarket,

My biggest concern with this many locks is it may scream something inside is valuable to a light fingered scote.
Thanks Deaston.

I have a Shuttle with loads of glass so deadlocks won’t really help. I am INTERESTED IN THE LOCK IN THE HANDLE. I am wondering if it was cobbled together with T5 bits!!!

Thanks Deaston.

I have a Shuttle with loads of glass so deadlocks won’t really help. I am INTERESTED IN THE LOCK IN THE HANDLE. I am wondering if it was cobbled together with T5 bits!!!
The fact it’s not colour coded makes me think it’s off of a T5 (It’s possible that it’s a tailgate conversion with T5 pull-rods as opposed to the T6 BCM locking).

Theres options for most doors, just had a quick scan on etka, couldnt find the tailgate handle lock but found on for sliding door handle lock !

Theres options for most doors, just had a quick scan on etka, couldnt find the tailgate handle lock but found on for sliding door handle lock !
Pauly; Thanks for looking. I saw a T6.1 lease van the other day from 2020 and the guy said all their vans came with a lock so I’m a bit confused128148DE-1CCA-4B72-B0E0-641BA9D12EF7.jpeg

Back