Key Issues

Ajk

Both of my keys for my 2016 Kombi have the same issue.

To lock the van, you need a proper "click" of the button - this is fine!

The button to open the van doesn't take any pressure at all to activate. Almost like it works with the heat of your finger. Problem being, lock van, put keys in pocket, van reopens and on various occasions, both windows come fully down.

What is going on?

Both of my keys for my 2016 Kombi have the same issue.

To lock the van, you need a proper "click" of the button - this is fine!

The button to open the van doesn't take any pressure at all to activate. Almost like it works with the heat of your finger. Problem being, lock van, put keys in pocket, van reopens and on various occasions, both windows come fully down.

What is going on?
Stop looking at girls when you’ve locked your van …!

Hi I have a question...if I was to get a key cut without
the technology inside it, and kept it on a lanyard or something like that...(lanyard was the first thing I thought of) and I locked my keys in the van via the doors auto locking , would the dummy key atleast open the doors ?

Hi I have a question...if I was to get a key cut without
the technology inside it, and kept it on a lanyard or something like that...(lanyard was the first thing I thought of) and I locked my keys in the van via the doors auto locking , would the dummy key atleast open the doors ?
Yes

The key would do nothing but open the door and if its a highline then as soon as you turn the key the alarm will go off until you retrieve your proper key and either put it in the ignition or lock/unlock the van with it

The key would do nothing but open the door and if its a highline then as soon as you turn the key the alarm will go off until you retrieve your proper key and either put it in the ignition or lock/unlock the van with it
That’s what we have, a cheap Timpsons key secreted around the van for emergencies. I think you can disable the alarm going off when manually unlocking with VCDS. I’m sure I saw an adaptation for it, but didn’t bother. It’s only for if we lock/lose the main keys.

Are Timpsons doing T6 keys now? I popped in there last year but they still hadn't got the mapping for the keys.

They do standard non-transponder keys that will unlock the drivers door, but set off the alarm as already mentioned.

Are Timpsons doing T6 keys now? I popped in there last year but they still hadn't got the mapping for the keys.
I've never even had a good house key cut by Timpsons yet. My daughter needed new ones for her flat. I told her not to use Timpson. She did then went back and back until refunded and went elsewhere.
I wouldn't trust them with an expensive car key!

I've never even had a good house key cut by Timpsons yet. My daughter needed new ones for her flat. I told her not to use Timpson. She did then went back and back until refunded and went elsewhere.
I wouldn't trust them with an expensive car key!

Mmmm. We've got a local one but I've only used it to buy some boot laces. I'll keep looking.

(Sorry to hijack your thread @Ajk )

Back