Key coding

I'm interested too. I suspect no.
I lost a key in december. Well, misplaced it at home before going on holiday and couldn't find it.
I eventually ordered a new Key and got the spare and the new coded at VW in July.
Roll onto October and I found my misplaced key..... so now I have 3 and am wanting to get all 3 coded to work. If i can avoid going back to a dealer then that would just be a bonus.

My problem was I had 2 t6 vans . Swapped headlights over and had to swap both bcms over. So keys still work but lock . So the vcds should fix this

Depends on key type vcds does not support one piece key programming the remotes have to be programmed at same time as imobiliser have recently run into this one and can’t work around it

My problem was I had 2 t6 vans . Swapped headlights over and had to swap both bcms over. So keys still work but lock . So the vcds should fix this
Your probably going to end up with them both having the same mileage the highest figure on both, not the best practice to swap modules over caused problems in the past at work seen some nightmares

I'm interested too. I suspect no.
I lost a key in december. Well, misplaced it at home before going on holiday and couldn't find it.
I eventually ordered a new Key and got the spare and the new coded at VW in July.
Roll onto October and I found my misplaced key..... so now I have 3 and am wanting to get all 3 coded to work. If i can avoid going back to a dealer then that would just be a bonus.
Dealer is only 1/2 bookable labour time for recode as it’s only adding the remote

Yes. The remote for locking/unlocking the doors is sole business of the BCM and independent from immobilizer. Immobilizer is part of instrument cluster and tightly connected with engine controller.

T6 Remote learning (up to MY18)--->

Your probably going to end up with them both having the same mileage the highest figure on both, not the best practice to swap modules over caused problems in the past at work seen some nightmares

The mileage hasn't changed since swapping the bcm units over . My only issues are both keys work but they unlock each other only. The reverse camera doesn't come on anymore when in reverse. One van was dsg the other manual so display on dash reads wrong for the gearing

Back