Kenwood Dnx9180dabs - Bluetooth Not Working

orcades

Hello All,

As per the title, I have a Kenwood DNX9180DABS in a VW T6, and I cannot seem to get anything to pair with Bluetooth. Just wondered if anybody has a solution. I have checked the settings and Bluetooth is turned on and set to visible.

The phone does work with CarPlay. It’s an iPhone.

Regards,

CarPlay won’t work over Bluetooth, after initial connection it uses WiFi, but that model doesn’t have wireless CarPlay anyway so you would need to plug it in. Even with CarPlay it will still use Bluetooth to connect the actual phone part of the system though, have you tried pairing both ways, ie search for phone on stereo and search for stereo on phone?

Thanks for the reply andys. I appreciate CarPlay doesn’t work over Bluetooth, and I have tried pairing both ways from phone and from Kenwood DNX9180DABS, my phone pairs on Bluetooth with a Garmin Sat Nav no issues. So the Bluetooth issue seems to be with the Kenwood DNX9180DABS.

The Kenwood DNX9180DABS used to pair over Bluetooth, as the phones and iPads were in the menu as previously paired.

I appreciate that I can use CarPlay, but there’s times I just want to make a quick call without going through the attaching cable and using CarPlay routine.

Have you tried doing a full reset of the phone? I’ve found sometimes after an update the Bluetooth can be a bit wacky and needs a power/up vol or power/home reset to sort it out. Maybe pull the power to the stereo for 30 secs or so too.

I’m a bit reluctant to reset the phone, as two iPhones and an iPad can’t pair with one Kenwood DNX9180DABS. But they all pair with other Bluetooth devices, so I think the Kenwood DNX9180DABS is the problem.

Not quite sure how to pull the power to the Kenwood DNX9180DABS. Easy option would be to just disconnect the main battery - but that may bring up other errors.

Seem to have sorted the Bluetooth.

Not sure if coincidence or not - but I unplugged a TomTom usb charger from the 12 volt supply socket and Bluetooth started working.

I did read that some usb chargers could cause Bluetooth interference - but perhaps it was just coincidence.

Back