Kampa Drive-Away Awning

carlkirk82

Hi can anyone recommend a fixed/permanent awning rail for a Kampa Dometic Touring Air VW drive away for a VW Transporter T6?

Thanks in advance.

I've just recently bought a Kamp touring L/H air awning and wondered what everyone's opinion was on the best driveaway kit for their awnings. I want to avoid drilling any holes if possible.

TIA

I've just recently bought a Kamp touring L/H air awning and wondered what everyone's opinion was on the best driveaway kit for their awnings. I want to avoid drilling any holes if possible.

TIA
Have you got roof bars?

I've seen once that can be removed rather than permanently fixed such as the magnetic one, have you ever had an experience with these.

I’ve not personally had any experience with the magnetic ones, others on here may have but personally wouldn’t trust them. A bit of wind would pull them off with the potential of a tunnel flapping around against your van

Thanks, do you have a permanent one fixed to your van??
Yes, one that is attached via roof bolts so technically not permanent as they are bolt on bolt off.

it's to cold and wet to go outside and take a photo but this is basically how it looks. You can't see it when you look side on

1615395393608.png

Thanks for that much appreciated. My only concern is I have a pop up roof so not sure if this is possible

Thanks for that much appreciated. My only concern is I have a pop up roof so not sure if this is possible

i got mine from funky leisure it was about £50 inc postage also had it sprayed gloss black. Not sure if this would work but it protrudes out as shown. Just fitted it at the weekend

D0148070-FA0B-433A-BB23-FE6AE52F04CC.jpeg

Reactions: Jsc
Back