Kador And Figure Of 8

VDubnewby666

Young at heart
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just set up the drive away awning for the first time in advance of driving to france. All good except the connection to the belle!
All new kador and figure of 8 strip but the fig of 8 just started to fall apart and also the kador started to come out of the C section slot. All 6mm so not wrong with the individual bits.
Can anyone suggest a good quality fig of 8 strip that doesn't fall apart or allow the kador to come out of the C section?

Hi, looking for a figure of 8 and kador in one strip. Do they make such a thing? You want a kador to go on the van and a figure of 8 to go on the awning / sail. Why do you need 2 bits? Any comments?

Hi, looking for a figure of 8 and kador in one strip. Do they make such a thing? You want a kador to go on the van and a figure of 8 to go on the awning / sail. Why do you need 2 bits? Any comments?
Two bits? I wish, my vango plastic connector piece is 3 bits, than the webbing is a further part. I guess it’s multiple parts as otherwise it would be too long to store easily in the van.

I get what you mean if you could get a strip which was kador one side and half ‘8’ the other it would be great but I have never seen such a strip. See you on Dragons Den?

Last edited:
Agree, but pulling 1 strip out would do the same job. Now you have to pull the fig 8 off the awning and kador off the van. Seems to me "Dragons Den" is calling.
Just need to keep looking in the camping shops. Its a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

Agree, but pulling 1 strip out would do the same job. Now you have to pull the fig 8 off the awning and kador off the van. Seems to me "Dragons Den" is calling.
Just need to keep looking in the camping shops. Its a dirty job, but someone has to do it.
We leave the plastic fig 8 on the awning when we drive away, to be honest we never seem to be able to park in the same place when we return so the 4 pieces of 8 make it easier to re-attach and think one long strip would be difficult?

My figure of 8 is in 3 pieces and kador strip is in a single length - as above, it’s makes it a lot easier to work with and store. No problems with things coming apart.

I like the “Dragons Den” idea of having a C channel (half a figure of 8) attached to the awning but how would you give it the flexibility to fold and roll with the tent but still be stiff enough to hold onto the kador strip??

Back