Just Ordered A Carista...what Are The Must Do Changes?

Just playing around with my Carista.

Unrelated, I’ve got the spanner symbol appearing - service in 6200 miles. Can this be altered to something like 1500 miles? I cannot find it in the Carista menu (I can find service reset but didn’t click on it for fear of resetting it!)

Ian

Leighton vans were unable to do this with my t6.1 with VCDS because my van is too new. Interested to see if it could be done with Carista

Yes, it can be done on Carista (if your van has folding mirrors function that is). Factory setting is once you lock the van then you need to press and hold lock button for the mirrors to fold (like when closing up the windows). But in Carista there is a function for them to close instantly once locked, which I enabled and they fold once I press the lock. My van is 2020 T6.1 Highline. Hope this helps and let us know if you managed to get it sorted.

Just signed up for 1 month with Carista to adjust a setting on my other car and wondered what changes people have made to their vans?

any recommendations?

My favourites are the big digital speedo reading (search on here how to set it) and I have set my van to beep when I lock the doors, it’s a great audio reminder that the doors have locked

Does Carista let you change your full beams so that when on normally your main beams stay on as well, rather than switch to fulls instead? I have that when I flash my lights, but not when I put them on normal full beam

Not sure if I need VCDS for that instead

Also, one more question. Once the subscription runs out does it work just like an OBD reader? Can you reset fault codes with it?

Carista Beta let's you do that mod I believe!

And no I don't believe it'll let you reset without paying the monthly fee...

Personally I've upgraded to Obd11 now, I wish I had gone straight for that at the start, not much more money in the first place and it works without a subscription up to a certain point plus the subscription is cheaper :thumbsup:

Does Carista let you change your full beams so that when on normally your main beams stay on as well, rather than switch to fulls instead? I have that when I flash my lights, but not when I put them on normal full beam

Not sure if I need VCDS for that instead

Also, one more question. Once the subscription runs out does it work just like an OBD reader? Can you reset fault codes with it?
If you have H4 lights, the ones with the 1 candle output, the bulbs may not be able to take that mod. It's a H7 thing..

Reactions: CAB
The loud clunk of the door locks and the flashing indicators not enough for you Pukkster?
Maybe the aftermarket alarm popular in the 80s/90s that used to bleat "System armed" like Kitt while you swaggered over to your mates?!!!

Personally I've upgraded to Obd11 now, I wish I had gone straight for that at the start, not much more money in the first place and it works without a subscription up to a certain point plus the subscription is cheaper :thumbsup:
which one do you recommend...............I've been holding off on getting one

If you have H4 lights, the ones with the 1 candle output, the bulbs may not be able to take that mod. It's a H7 thing..

I've upgraded to the THQ lights. I have LED bulbs on normal lights and normal bulbs on full beams, the colour/beam/brightness difference is annoying when going from main to full. With the darkness coming in now I'd like to fix this

Thanks, this is a helpful response

Not sure I want to be a guinea pig to see if a feature works. I can live without making all the little edits to the van, it's the lights that I really want to sort

Didn't know about OBD 11, seems to be a bias towards carista on here

Wife drives an A3 so being able to tinker with both cars would be nice, but in reality it'll be one off change I think

Back