Just Ordered A Carista...what Are The Must Do Changes?

Hi Guys.
After reading this I've just ordered one from Amazon, should get it tomorrow.
When you use it for the 1st time, is it possible to back up existing settings, just in case?
A kind of backup can be done by scanning "ECU info" as shown in Lighting Madness

The ECU info contains line "Coding: ...." for each module in hex-format which is the full data needed to revert back to original state. Some effort is needed but is definitely doable.

However, some of the modifications are done via so called adaptations. I do not know if there is a similar way to back up those in Carista. The VCDS tool can back up those so certainly it can be done.

And of course you could ask @Don Carista ;) to implement more user friendly back up functionality in their future release.

Does anyone know the difference between door auto lock when moving method A and method B?

When the fitter installed my Clifford alarm and demonstrated it , it locked with a chirp and he was most put out when I said “I want that turning off” as he had to get his box of tricks out and reprogram it. It seemed to me his default was to leave it on, is it definitely illegal? It certainly should be if not.

Im guessing one os coding and one adaption channel maybe ?
Method B was introduced when method A stopped working on some vans

Just started playing with the Carista and Autolock doors when moving and unlock doors when key removed enables both methods A & B when I enable either A or B is this right?

Just started playing with the Carista and Autolock doors when moving and unlock doors when key removed enables both methods A & B when I enable either A or B is this right?

I have both enabled and it works perfectly on my 2018 150 dsg Kombi.

still trying to figure this one out Daffy set everything else no drama but method a and b dont lock on move off above 10mph

Mine works ok, I also have unlock when ign key off (or removed)

I’ll connect mine later and post a pic of the settings as it may be dependant on another function being switched on or off.

Also, don't forget to turn off the auto renew (well for iPhones anyway).

Had an email to say I've paid £33 for the year. Only wanted to buy it for £15 and do my mods in the first month but didn't realise it auto renewed.

Never mind, I've used it on my Mrs Mini to get the mirrors to fold on lock which has made her happy.

Reactions: mmi
Also, don't forget to turn off the auto renew (well for iPhones anyway).

Had an email to say I've paid £33 for the year. Only wanted to buy it for £15 and do my mods in the first month but didn't realise it auto renewed.

Never mind, I've used it on my Mrs Mini to get the mirrors to fold on lock which has made her happy.
Really? Is the mini supported now? We have mirrors folding on long press but do yours fold on every lock now?

Back