Just Ordered A Carista...what Are The Must Do Changes?

Thanks, this is a helpful response

Not sure I want to be a guinea pig to see if a feature works. I can live without making all the little edits to the van, it's the lights that I really want to sort

Didn't know about OBD 11, seems to be a bias towards carista on here

Wife drives an A3 so being able to tinker with both cars would be nice, but in reality it'll be one off change I think
It's basically a relatively simple vcds in an app.

I've done quite a few tweaks with it and also coded in my new battery when I upgraded it :thumbsup:

thats android only though i think?
Ah, go for the next gen one then if your apple :thumbsup:

Reactions: JOG
Had my T6 a month, VW dealer initially assumed that Carplay was already coded into my system, turned out that was wrong so they added it FOC thankfully but due to a few things bothering me (no big MPH on MFD & annoying seatbelt dinging) I've bought myself a Carista OBD2 to sort it out. Are there any other things considered 'must do's' to change whilst I've got the free month sub ?

Yes, then cancel your subscription. It doesn’t worth the money.
I found very few things usefull,
Follow me home lights.
Central locking when over 5 mph.
Gauge needle sweep at startup (useless but nice to have).

Last edited:
Quick update on this. I bought a Carista as they are/were on offer. Haven’t done the free one month subscription yet, but with the beta version I changed my lights so main and dipped beam can come on together. Saved me paying someone to do it, very pleased. Now just need to go for a drive in the dark!

Quick update on this. I bought a Carista as they are/were on offer. Haven’t done the free one month subscription yet, but with the beta version I changed my lights so main and dipped beam can come on together. Saved me paying someone to do it, very pleased. Now just need to go for a drive in the dark!
Do you still have H4 headlamps ? They may not take it.....

The tear drop wipe was one of the very useful features I activated on my T6, but I cannot activate it on my T6.1, v v annoying.

Now my carista subscription has lapsed I dont seem to be able to do anything - I can read faults but cannot clear them. Is that normal?

I’ve invested in VCDS but its useful to leave the carista dongle in the van.

I don’t know if the Carista plug can normally be got for this price, but Amazon have them on sale for £12.49 today.

Did I really need it? No!
Did I order it anyway? Oh yes!

A fault appearing on the T6 this weekend which I was able to quickly check whilst 300 miles from home has convinced me that it's worth carrying such a device in each of my vehicles - just in case I need to make a similar assesment whilst away from home again in the future.

I tend to pay for a month when needed, as don't do much with Carista, though am hoping there is no time limit for activating the 'free' month so that I can register it as/when needed.

Thanks for highlighting the offer. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
Now my carista subscription has lapsed I dont seem to be able to do anything - I can read faults but cannot clear them. Is that normal?

I’ve invested in VCDS but its useful to leave the carista dongle in the van.

Torque (Lite) - will let you read/clear fault codes, at least it does with my generic ELM device. Have not yet paired it with the Carista jobbie, but cannot imagine it will be any different.

For Carista, there are a few useful things you can do without a subscription if you register for the beta-test programme (e.g. dipped/main illuminate together when converting from H4 to H7 headlamps), but I found the same as you - it is restricted without a subscription.

Last edited:
Carista is on an Amazon lightning deal again today for £12.49. It shows as 100% sold, but let me join a waiting list and then let me buy it 5 minutes later. Worth a try if you are needing wanting one.

Reactions: CAB
Back