Just curious as to.....

61 but still fit enough to get my mountain bike up the highest mountains in the UK and keep up with or beat the young guys on the seriously gnarly descents.

Roger that. Harry Enfield's 'Nan' is on my wavelength
Don't recall Harry Enfields 'nan'. Catherine Tate's is brilliant. "What a facking liberty!"

61 but still fit enough to get my mountain bike up the highest mountains in the UK and keep up with or beat the young guys on the seriously gnarly descents.

Roger that. Harry Enfield's 'Nan' is on my wavelength

I'm good uphill, a bit lame down partly thanks to a mega splat in my early 20s. Smashed my bike lid, took a large chunk out of my knee.

Okay on a trail centre descent but if it's really rocky or even worse, rooty, I'm slow.

Done okay in a few races though.

Don't recall Harry Enfields 'nan'. Catherine Tate's is brilliant. "What a facking liberty!"
@DaveyB Brain obviously not engaged at the time - Catherine Tate is the one. Shows what happens when you get to 61 :(

I'm good uphill, a bit lame down partly thanks to a mega splat in my early 20s. Smashed my bike lid, took a large chunk out of my knee.

Okay on a trail centre descent but if it's really rocky or even worse, rooty, I'm slow.

Done okay in a few races though.
Had a few big shunts in the last 10 years. I took the view you have to get back on the bike and face your demons so managing to keep going

Just because it was such a stunning day, a gratuitous pic from yesterday - my mate Ross heading off the descent from the top of Cairngorm

8B15BBC1-B28E-48FC-884F-AFD859175EA0.JPG

@DaveyB Brain obviously not engaged at the time - Catherine Tate is the one. Shows what happens when you get to 61 :(

Had a few big shunts in the last 10 years. I took the view you have to get back on the bike and face your demons so managing to keep going

Just because it was such a stunning day, a gratuitous pic from yesterday - my mate Ross heading off the descent from the top of Cairngorm

View attachment 7940
That looks incredible. Last time I went and did any serious downhills I broke two ribs (one under my arm pit and one against my spine). Went over the handlebars when the back wheel hit a big rock and then landed bent backwards over a tree stump with the bike on top of me.

52.......supposed to be retired......no greek god but in reasonable shape.....having said that, putting my socks on is becoming more of a challenge! :thumbsup:
Just a case of short arms, long legs. Nothing to be worried about. Just the opposite of all us knuckle draggers.:thumbsup:

We're taking bikes on our big Euro trip this year for the first time. And we'll be going to the Pyrenees and maybe the Alps - proper mountain biking; hurrah!!

I've got a 10k (running) race coming up on 2nd June - VERY hilly local coast path run. It's BRUTAL but stunning.

48..... and still need to grow up. To much exposure to the young ones and the comic strip in my teens.

Back