Just Bought A T6 Panelvan - Selfbuilding A Camper - Making Videos To Help Those That Are Interested.

That seat mount is great, though you couldn’t have anything under the seat which probably rules it out for most of us. Good idea though.
You can indeed put stuff in the seat. Just need to take it out to undo the big transport bolts, but then you can put it all back in again. Im thinking of making some bespoke boxes so it’s one simple activity.

Do the electrics for the seat need to be plugged in for seat belt warning/heated seat? Curious.
... my Van has no cables into the passenger seat for heating or airbags... the drivers seat does indeed have an airbag cable and connector... that is detailed in my next video coming this weekend...

Excellent work. I'm sure these videos prove to be very helpful and inspirational to people who aren't quiet as talented or confident in tackling this type of work. Even if not looking to take on a full conversion, these type of videos can offer guidance on how to carryout minor works, which you tackle to achieve the bigger project.
I for one fall into this category and look forward to your next tutorial. :thumbsup:

Edit
And I agree with @andys comment. A shout out to the forum would be cool.:cool:

@andys @James1000 @Lord Mfwic ... I have just finished carpeting the inside of the van... that was a lot of really hard work. I’ll be putting flooring down today, and hope to install a RIB seat tomorrow... so, new videos to come! ... and yes, I’ll definitely be mentioning the forum in a future video as it has been so helpful and the people have been brilliant at answering questions and guiding me in the right direction... I hope that we will have a camper we can take away on a holiday in a month or two... just in time for summer :). All the best to you guys!

@andys @James1000 @Lord Mfwic ... I have just finished carpeting the inside of the van... that was a lot of really hard work. I’ll be putting flooring down today, and hope to install a RIB seat tomorrow... so, new videos to come! ... and yes, I’ll definitely be mentioning the forum in a future video as it has been so helpful and the people have been brilliant at answering questions and guiding me in the right direction... I hope that we will have a camper we can take away on a holiday in a month or two... just in time for summer :). All the best to you guys!
Just recorded a little shoutout video to you guys that I will embed in a future release... thanks for your motivational encouragement!!

Back