Jobs To Do While Off The Road

Yeah @Paynewright and others I am very impressed with your work, you’ve been busy and that’s great but just spare a thought for those of us who are working from home while trying to homeschool kids (who are basically unteachable!) and, most importantly, whose wives may see the updates coming in from this thread. From the lazy lockdown community;)

I have two squawkers at home - fortunately the school are very good at issuing daily work to be done via their homework app. Apart from ‘What is there to eat?’ and ‘Can I have more time on my xbox?’ I have minimal supervision input :)

I expect at some point cabin fever will hit!

To be honest, my homeschooling effort today was to try and get them to write a timetable for the week in an attempt to give them some structure. I won’t say what my sons response was but I don’t think he’s done it. They have been doing their homework though

B&Q closed today - temporarily I think so they can organise their strategy to only sell ‘essential’ items.

.... an excellent opportunity to do nothing ... my wife tells me: but in our garden you can go out and also you can go to our country estate !! ... no dear, I reply politely, I don't want to run the I risk getting infected with the retired worker virus ... an 82 year old neighbor, being closed all the pubs, found work .... he wanted to prune a branch of his tree, he obviously fell to the ground .. never look for work if it is not needed ...

.... an excellent opportunity to do nothing ... my wife tells me: but in our garden you can go out and also you can go to our country estate !! ... no dear, I reply politely, I don't want to run the I risk getting infected with the retired worker virus ... an 82 year old neighbor, being closed all the pubs, found work .... he wanted to prune a branch of his tree, he obviously fell to the ground .. never look for work if it is not needed ...
Told the wife it’s nesting season...so can’t touch anything in the garden as your not to upset breeding birds ...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Should we log back in when the lock down is lifted and see if everyone got done what they were hoping to do.

I bet I get less than 1/2 done

Good idea, well maybe not, what with work and trying to stop the kids eating all the food I haven’t even been to the van this week! And as for the jobs round the house, b&q shutting its doors is all the excuse I need to mothball any ideas there.

We have got the weekend coming so maybe that will be more productive.

I did look into buying a tow bar kit but I’m worried that might be a bit beyond me as my van doesn’t have the trailer prep from the factory. Also I don’t really need a tow bar. Thinking about audio options now, speaker upgrade and amp up front.

Also, seriously thinking about using the money (which technically we don’t have) that we would have spent going away over Easter to purchase a hot tub. So that needs some investigation, which all takes time.

At this rate a 3 month isolation period will not be enough for me to get off my arse!

Good idea, well maybe not, what with work and trying to stop the kids eating all the food I haven’t even been to the van this week! And as for the jobs round the house, b&q shutting its doors is all the excuse I need to mothball any ideas there.

We have got the weekend coming so maybe that will be more productive.

I did look into buying a tow bar kit but I’m worried that might be a bit beyond me as my van doesn’t have the trailer prep from the factory. Also I don’t really need a tow bar. Thinking about audio options now, speaker upgrade and amp up front.

Also, seriously thinking about using the money (which technically we don’t have) that we would have spent going away over Easter to purchase a hot tub. So that needs some investigation, which all takes time.

At this rate a 3 month isolation period will not be enough for me to get off my arse!
Hot tub in the van ...that’s different :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So we sorted out the loft yesterday, spare room and summer house today so the rubbish bin is full, the recycling bin is full and a pile of stuff to carboot / ebay / charity shop.

And the best thing of all is daughter has been in the summer house most of the afternoon, the longest amount of time she has been out of her bedroom for 3 weeks. Priceless!!

Still waiting for the van, and working from home, so only just got the chance to do this.

DSC_0788.JPG

DSC_0786.JPG
Not the driveway, paid someone to do that! But when I reversed on to it in the car, I had trouble seeing the step, and the van has to go side-on.

Solution is the olive trees you see. Had them a week before we realised they would probably be nicked inside a month, so got some pot wires off ebay. Would have been a lot easier before planting them!

Back