Jobs To Do While Off The Road

cgtmiles

VIP Member
T6 Legend
So it seems most of us are going to be off the road for some time so what jobs can be done while we wait out the current crisis? Of course while at the same time supporting our fantastic health service by keeping isolated.

I’ve not long had my van so there are no real big maintenance that needs doing. One thing I do want to do is have the wing mirrors off and stripped and prepped to be painted but I would need a body shop to paint them which I don’t think will happen now so any ideas?

Anyone have any plans for this extended downtime?

Just been buying loads of stuff off Amazon to stock ours up - from bamboo knives and forks, to a fill up hose and Thetford toilet... and more... then comes the juggle of where to put what...

So it seems most of us are going to be off the road for some time so what jobs can be done while we wait out the current crisis? Of course while at the same time supporting our fantastic health service by keeping isolated.

I’ve not long had my van so there are no real big maintenance that needs doing. One thing I do want to do is have the wing mirrors off and stripped and prepped to be painted but I would need a body shop to paint them which I don’t think will happen now so any ideas?

Anyone have any plans for this extended downtime?
Painting brake calipers is always time consuming but rewarding job!
Remove the wheels, decontaminate and seal them burns a fair few hours too.

Many of us now stuck at home with time on our hands, but you just know, there's two very different lists of jobs......
1/ The list of jobs you want to do, usually T6 related!
2/ The list of jobs that need doing around the house and garden, that you don't really want to do, those where you've been telling your better half, "yes, I'll do it when I've got time!"
Trouble is, you've now got time!
You might have to resort to, "Yes, of course I want to decorate the whole house, sadly I can't get the right paint now. I've got some brake caliper paint in the garage so I'll be outside until lunchtime!"

I'm still in work for now (both freelance and unable to work from home). However, I do have a very long list of jobs which I'm itching to get done...

T6 related:

Complete carpet and sound deadening to roof and sliding doors
LED ceiling lights to fit
Tow bar electrics to connect under the bonnet and code
OEM LED front headlights and self levellers
High Beam Assist
Caravelle front grille
Lower dash black plastics and Caravelle drinks holder

Non- T6 related:

Construct new front garden / driveway, concrete steps, raised beds etc
Complete minor decorations and carpentry works following house renovations last year

I reckon there is easily enough to keep me going for a month, probably more...

I'm still in work for now (both freelance and unable to work from home). However, I do have a very long list of jobs which I'm itching to get done...

T6 related:

Complete carpet and sound deadening to roof and sliding doors
LED ceiling lights to fit
Tow bar electrics to connect under the bonnet and code
OEM LED front headlights and self levellers
High Beam Assist
Caravelle front grille
Lower dash black plastics and Caravelle drinks holder

Non- T6 related:

Construct new front garden / driveway, concrete steps, raised beds etc
Complete minor decorations and carpentry works following house renovations last year

I reckon there is easily enough to keep me going for a month, probably more...
I think that would take me a lifetime!

Tow bar is a good shout. I had planned to get it done by the pros but maybe that is something I could tackle myself

Ok, stop it now with these DIY posts you’re going to get me in trouble!;)

Due to the products and services we offer at Absolut5 being non essential we will be closing the doors to the public as from tonight. We want to play our part in trying to reduce the strain on the NHS and hopefully help save lives down the line.

Once we are allowed back to work hopefully in 3 weeks time we will do our upmost best to clear all jobs as quickly and efficiently as possible.

We are still able to take enquiries/bookings on line via email and Facebook. And also where possible we will still be offering mail order on our audio setups to help you guys out when you are sat at home and trying to get out of doing DIY

Please be patient with us over the next few weeks.

Stay safe

Absolut5 team

This is more what I was thinking

I've stocked up on dynamat and thermal liner. I've removed both seat and started to do the floor and engine bulkhead. I've also

Wires for the DC-DC charger to run
EHU wires to install (under bonnet to drivers seat)
Change washer bottle (fitted rear tailgate with extra washwipe)
Connect and program low washer fluid level sensor.
Fit front PDC sensors, ECU etc.
Glove box switch and light,
Footwell lights,
Mount leisure battery,
Rear interior spot lights
Connect HDC and TC switched to ABS unit.
Clean and polish.

I'm working from home so the above will take most of the week.

Also in the garage,
Hopefully the head gaskets for my Ducati 748 will turn up so I can reassemble the engine/fuel tanks and body work. I've also a wheel bearing to change.
Trials motorbike has sprung a leak in the radiator so I'll need to weld that.
Race car - I can't go racing so I have time. They are stuck at mum's house so I can't get to them.

House jobs.
I knocked out all the internal walls downstairs to make it open plan. I need to plaster the ceiling and finish tiling the floor. plus
paint walls,
tile kitchen (1/2 done)
jet wash patio,
run CAT6 wires for all bedrooms (TV),
Plumb an outside tap by running a pipe down from the bathroom.

I hope to get most done before this 3 week lock in is over. I think I have all the stuff I need.

There are always DIY projects to get on with!!

I have just ordered a load of Silent Coat and Dodo Super liner to go in the back of my LWB Kombi. It needs doing and a potential period of being stuck at home seems like as good an excuse as any.
I will probably get a plywood panel kit and carpet soon as well.

Puddle lights and rear bumper protector.

Need to finish garage conversion and en suite, but don't have the materials.

I have just however found some caliper paint. Do they need priming or can i go straight on with the paint after cleaning.

Puddle lights and rear bumper protector.

Need to finish garage conversion and en suite, but don't have the materials.

I have just however found some caliper paint. Do they need priming or can i go straight on with the paint after cleaning.
Dellmassive did a video where he painted straight on after cleaning. Looked good

Back