Jet Washer Spray Nozzles

Arrow

T6 Pro
Anyone upgraded the washer nozzles to the jet type? Wondering if an upgrade kit exists? Even better if they are heated too. Been a pain having to defrost the nozzles every morning.

Would definitely be interested. Iced up nozzles are not handy! Even with -15 degree anti-freeze, water separates and blocks them. I may even add an inline water heater.

are Fan nozzles available??

@Arrow If you mean the mist/fan spread type of washer jets then yes, i have.

My standard washer jets aren't heated so i just fitted non heated fan type jets (part number i used was 5M0 955 985 C 9B9). That particular washer jet isn't handed so can be used on either side.

Original washer jets:
View media item 1399
Comparisons:
View media item 1400View media item 1401
New washer jets:
View media item 1402
They are available as heated units too so if your current washer jets are heated you dont have to lose any functionality!

@Pauly ..........guess you might get asked for these as an option on your heated washer retrofit kits now! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thank goodness for you guys.
I don't like the washer jets at all, and this is an awesome upgrade.
I'll be ordering some.
Well done.

Ordered !

My standard washer jets aren't heated so i just fitted non heated fan type jets (part number i used was 5M0 955 985 C 9B9)

Original washer jets:
View media item 1399
Comparisons:
New washer jets:
View media item 1402
They are available as heated units too so if your current washer jets are heated you dont have to lose any functionality!

@Pauly ..........guess you might get asked for these as an option on your heated washer retrofit kits now! :thumbsup:
fantastic!! Do you know the heated ones part number?? Put me down for a wiring kit Pauly and all is good!! These will make a big difference

There were a few different versions some handed and some not so I have order one from an amorok and one from a Touareg to confirm which fit, should know later in the week

Do you know the heated ones part number??

I believe the heated equivalent of the fan/mist jet I used (non handed version) is part number 5M0 955 986 C 9B9 (best to check this though).

As they are non handed you can use them on either side. :thumbsup:

That’s one of the ones I found but the non heated ones show as fitted to several different vehicles and if you look at the heated version for some of the several vehicles they are different part numbers, weird
The price on them all seemed the same/similar

My standard washer jets aren't heated so i just fitted non heated fan type jets (part number i used was 5M0 955 985 C 9B9). That particular washer jet isn't handed so can be used on either side.

Original washer jets:
View media item 1399
Comparisons:
New washer jets:
View media item 1402

How do you get on with these ?
I bought one of the heated equivalents as per the part number above and it sprays right over the roof, have adjusted the screw to get them as far down as poss but still hitting high
I havent driven with them yet so guess it would be better when moving as the headwind should push the spray into screen but wondering how you are finding yours ?

Have ordered another variant so will see if they are any different

How do you get on with these ?
I bought one of the heated equivalents as per the part number above and it sprays right over the roof, have adjusted the screw to get them as far down as poss but still hitting high
I havent driven with them yet so guess it would be better when moving as the headwind should push the spray into screen but wondering how you are finding yours ?

Have ordered another variant so will see if they are any different

I know what you mean about then washing the roof at a stand still! :D

Yeah I have them wound fully down and they seem to be ok when driving. The main plus is they seem to use less fluid to clean the screen. :thumbsup:

Think I'll be doing this. My 2004 caravelle had the fan type one but my 2017 one doesn't. Disappointing bit of penny pinching by VW there! Also the rear one isn't even fit for purpose.

Back