Jackson's Leisure Supplies -trouble getting refund

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just thought I would writeup my dealings with Jacksons Leisure Supplies.

I recently bought a Vitrifrigo Fridge. When it arrived the handle came off when I was lifting it out of the box. The fridge took ages to arrive and I had to chase them to ask where it was.

DPD was arranged to collect on Weds 8th and arrived in the morning. I had an email saying I would be refunded when it arrived.

Since then I have been emailing as getting through on the phone lines is pretty much impossible. Emails never replied to.

Today I managed to get through. The sales person I spoke to checked and said that the fridge had returned and was in the warehouse, so the refund would be arranged.

At the end of the day I received another email fom a different person stating that the fridge had not arrived back and I would be refunded when it did.

Since then I have done a bit of research into this and it seems it is not uncommon to have this problem with this company, so my advice:

AVOID JACKSONS LEISURE SUPPLIES.

I guess I now will have to raise this with PayPal and my credit card company.

I’m local to Jackson’s and have spent a fair amount of money with them. I have had delays @ times but who hasn’t due to the pandemic.

Don't bother raising with your credit card if you paid via PayPal.

Common misconception that you get double protection but reality is if you use PayPal you lose any section 75 help you may have got from the cc company.

Just thought I would writeup my dealings with Jacksons Leisure Supplies.

I recently bought a Vitrifrigo Fridge. When it arrived the handle came off when I was lifting it out of the box. The fridge took ages to arrive and I had to chase them to ask where it was.

DPD was arranged to collect on Weds 8th and arrived in the morning. I had an email saying I would be refunded when it arrived.

Since then I have been emailing as getting through on the phone lines is pretty much impossible. Emails never replied to.

Today I managed to get through. The sales person I spoke to checked and said that the fridge had returned and was in the warehouse, so the refund would be arranged.

At the end of the day I received another email fom a different person stating that the fridge had not arrived back and I would be refunded when it did.

Since then I have done a bit of research into this and it seems it is not uncommon to have this problem with this company, so my advice:

AVOID JACKSONS LEISURE SUPPLIES.

I guess I now will have to raise this with PayPal and my credit card company.
I had to return something to them last year and the refund was fairly prompt. Haven’t read what your research tells you but I am guessing it’s a historic problem and not just Covid related?

Don't bother raising with your credit card if you paid via PayPal.

Common misconception that you get double protection but reality is if you use PayPal you lose any section 75 help you may have got from the cc company.
My wife got a quick refund for cancelled RyanAir flights through PayPal, so I’d raise a dispute if Jacksons haven’t been forthcoming. Goods not as described / received..

Good luck and keep us posted.

I had to return something to them last year and the refund was fairly prompt. Haven’t read what your research tells you but I am guessing it’s a historic problem and not just Covid related?

My wife got a quick refund for cancelled RyanAir flights through PayPal, so I’d raise a dispute if Jacksons haven’t been forthcoming. Goods not as described / received..

Good luck and keep us posted.

Yes you can raise a PayPal dispute and I would be. No help from credit card company as you have to have paid the company in question directly for section 75 help. PayPal being a 3rd party payment processor means the direct link to retailer is lost.

Yes I sent them a message via Paypal as well as emails.
No replies yet.
Called the Sales and marketing Manager on his direct line. No answer.
Looks like I will have to escalate with Paypal.

Sorry to hear about this. Jackson's is just down the road from us and has been one of our go to camping suppliers for years - it's an old school style place where you can go for a mooch round and find all the bits you didn't know you needed and/or the little bits and bobs you won't find anywhere else. We have taken things back for refund before (chairs) and got replacements no problem - never ordered anything from them via mail order though.

Ultimately, the DPD return should have been tracked so Jacksons should be able to follow up with them?

Sorry to hear about this. Jackson's is just down the road from us and has been one of our go to camping suppliers for years - it's an old school style place where you can go for a mooch round and find all the bits you didn't know you needed and/or the little bits and bobs you won't find anywhere else. We have taken things back for refund before (chairs) and got replacements no problem - never ordered anything from them via mail order though.

Ultimately, the DPD return should have been tracked so Jacksons should be able to follow up with them?
Jacksons organised the DPD return. I dont have any tracking info and cant get any from Jacksons.

Jacksons organised the DPD return. I dont have any tracking info and cant get any from Jacksons.
Looks like the shop is still closed so probably just running on a skeleton staff at the moment (Sales and Marketing Manager probably on Furlough??).

Good luck - hope you get it sorted quickly.

Looks like the shop is still closed so probably just running on a skeleton staff at the moment (Sales and Marketing Manager probably on Furlough??).

Good luck - hope you get it sorted quickly.
I spoke to him yesterday morning at 9am. He told me fridge was back in warehouse and the refund would be processed. Sent me a blank email so I have his direct number. Today, neither him nor Customer Service and Warranty are replying to emails or answering phone.

I spoke to him yesterday morning at 9am. He told me fridge was back in warehouse and the refund would be processed. Sent me a blank email so I have his direct number. Today, neither him nor Customer Service and Warranty are replying to emails or answering phone.
Given the size of the operation, these job titles are probably all the same person ;)

A lot of companies particularly those that closed down originally due to Covid started to get overwhelmed particularly once things started opening up again. A caravan spares supplier i've used in the past for various bits in Norfolk was still trading at the start of the Lockdown due to their web presence only but since camping has started up they've had to stop processing web orders due to the workload. Another company i purchased from in Devon last week said that as caravan dealers and leisure outlets had been closed their orders had gone through the roof as they were one of only a few companies still trading and also people were working on their vans, caravans, etc due to plenty of time on their hands. Not helpful to you i know but a lot of smaller companies with a web presence have been swamped over the last few months.

I can take a drive past tomorrow afternoon If you want me too as they are about 800m from my house

I can take a drive past tomorrow afternoon If you want me too as they are about 800m from my house
Thanks. I received an email saying the fridge was due to arrive tomorrow. (After I started action on PayPal today.)
they said they will process my refund once it returns. (Implying that if it doesn’t arrive I wond be refunded despite it being collected from me (and I have evidence.) I’m sure that isn’t legal.
Anyway what annoys me most and is worrying is that I am being told different things.
Hopefully the fridge arrives tomorrow and they issue the refund.

Reactions: Eli
Back