duffersj

VIP Member
T6 Pro
20190401_134454.jpgjust completedjust completed a 430 mile drive home in my new van and absolutely love it.
Lovely to drive

Need some advice on tyres it's a 180 4motion on 18 inch wheels, I want to put something like mitchelin cross latitudes on . The existing tyres are 255 45 r18 but I can't find anything suitable in that size .what happens If I chance sizes slightly either to 55 side wall is this ok.

Also it has the VW media system without satnav but doesn't have the app function it says contact a VW dealer does anyone know if this is pricey or should I go for a new head unit . Trouble is the bluetooth is lively and clear and I don't want to effect it

Any advice please

Nice van duffers... judging by the number plate, looks like you went to Ireland for yours like I did...

Thanks diesel monkey

What are the offset and the width settings .
How sky I work this out abs if I'm using the sale wheels should I not worry about this

Also it has the VW media system without satnav but doesn't have the app function it says contact a VW dealer does anyone know if this is pricey or should I go for a new head unit . Trouble is the bluetooth is lively and clear and I don't want to effect it
Any advice please

You're looking at around £250 for VW to unlock app connect. You could then use google or waze for navigation.

I believe those are 18 x 8j . Offset 45 perhaps. Offset will make no odds if your using same wheels. It's the tyre profile that will affect speedo, gearing, ride height and braking efficiency.

hi diesel thanks for the help mate. I've found some cross latitudes that are the same size 255/45 r18 so they should be exactly the same size as I've got now? is there size variation due to tread etc?

my van is fitted with h and r 40mm lowering springs, the previous owner was really helpful and kept the origination T32 springs so im wondering if I should go back to those, the van rides really nice though with the lowered springs. I was originally looking for a seikel lift now im 40mm lower!!

You're looking at around £250 for VW to unlock app connect. You could then use google or waze for navigation.
Hi Deaky thanks for the help. I wonder if im better putting that money into an aftermarket head unit

If there is, I would expect it to be marginal, given its manufactured to a specified size. Bare in mind that there can be 6 mm difference in overall radius between a new tyre and a tyre that's on the edge of legality. Sometimes more with a commercial tyre.

Maybe @Loz can help you in this area, as I believe he runs these tyres. I'd probably consider them myself for winter if only they were 3PMSF. But then that may reduce the durability on the rough stuff, which they're designed to cope with.

if i go upto a 255 55 r18 will that make much difference to the vehicle, i guess the sidewall is 10mm higher so 20mm overall?

Back