its me again - bulkhead dilema question

I normally have this flush with either the trim line on the roof behind the front seats or the bench seats in the back. Depending on what I need the van for. It just straps down. Once I take it out the rubber flooring just bounces back after a day or 2.

IMG_2743.JPG

IMG_2745.JPG

Wow, so are you saying that this would go behind the front seats OR behind the rear seats?
How do you mean by ti straps down?

Both. I move it up and down the van. Depends if I need the back seats out for more space. It's been in my store for a while and didn't have time to fit it and show you it inside the van.

I use a thin ratchet strap on the anchor points and slot the strap through 2 little cut outs I made just flush of that bottom box.

I had to add the shelve boxes to make it sit on the floor without it tipping.

I never needed to. Once it was in, it never moved. When I was scribing the shape, I measured the bulk head 2mm smaller than the space it sits in. Then added a soft 5mm gasket so it can compress against the sides and roof of the van. Snug fit. I had to cut some extra bits off the side to allow for the seat belts in the back but it serves me very well. No damage or brackets added to the sides.

Just been asked about my bulkhead recently so I though I’d post a few pics up of it inside the van if anyone wanted any quick solutions to a removable bulkhead.

I will carpet the cab side eventually but it’s been serving me very well so far.

It just straps down with 1 ratchet belt.

3EEC521C-04B4-4281-8B99-62C91882CBC4.jpeg

C573210A-0A6C-4701-ABCA-E37C60250ECE.jpeg

BF43D60A-0718-401F-84C2-1F67FBC03EDE.jpeg

450F1AED-BB97-463A-835A-E8DEBC8E0880.jpeg

DF0AAF0C-F62E-471A-872D-C2EBF32BD526.png

Hi All, thought I would chip in as I have successfully fitted a T5 bulkhead with a sliding window into a T6. I can confirm it is a straight swap, all the bolt holes match up perfectly. The only thing that I believe is different is that the T5 has detachable brackets, for the bottom half of the bulkhead, whereas by the looks of it the T6 has these brackets welded in (see the attached images for reference).
Hope this helps to anybody thinking of doing the same swap.

Kind regards,

Dom

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

Back