It's Gone

Roadrunner

Grape Yellow Beach
T6 Legend
Well I have sold my California Beach and now for the first time since I learned to drive I do not own a car. So why di I get rid of it. Thing is it was sat around in my drive not being used. SInce I had it serviced in Jan I drove around 3000 miles I decided when the road tax came through it was time to part with the Cali. Fact was the insurance was due in a month, it needed an MOT and on top of that would need tyes so costing that little lot up and I am looking at over a grand.
When I forst started lurking on the forum I read about the troubles one person had with his (and a few others) where the engine light came on. I think I saw more photos of his van on the back of a two truck than on the road. After owning mine I was always worrying it would come on for me. I bought it so I could tow a caravan and yes it does tow OK but I hate towing which is why I keep it on a seasonal pitch and have it serviced there.
One thing that did not worry me was this bit about the roof corrosion. I checked along the top of the seal to see if there was any but never noticed any. One thing I did notice was a film of plastic just proud of the seal. I never touched the seal as it is my belief that if you start prying it away after it was put on in the factory you alow moisture in which causes the problem. I'm not saying it does not happen but it is not something I did.
I found the Cali a better drive after they changed the ECU because of it stalling when going along . This happened a couple of times though I'm not convinced itwas todo with being in the wrong gear at the time.
Would I have another ? no because I think it is just an overpriced van, you get a Multi funtion streering wheel on a High line van, the beach costs as much or more so why can't the fit one. Buy a car for that price and it's all bells and whistle's but because you buy a van you can pay more for those extras.
I enjoyed having the Cali but I felt it was tim eto let it go
I'll go back to being a lurker now

Last edited:
Back