It's Arrived....

Sabre

VIP Member
T6 Legend
And I hate you all! :D
Before joining this forum I was going to be happy with having my Startline bumpers colour-coded...
This is waaaaaay cooler tho!
:inlove:
Now to talk to the painters...

Can't get to my front door at the mo tho.

IMG_20190315_103337.jpg

Very nice. :thumbsup:
You may have some luck selling the black bumpers as well, they seem to be all the fashion at the moment on the slammed vans

A question for all those that have swapped their front Startline bummpers... I am in the process of fitting mine as I type but having removed the old bumper, there were three screws on the underside that fit onto a piece of the inside of the old bumper. I cant see how that comes off or where it goes but without it there is nowhere to attached the three lower screws to secure the bumper in place.
How does that inner bit of the startline bumper come off????
Any advice this arvo would be awesomely recieved and will accrue beer points!!!!

It’s normally plastic welded in place, there should be some slots in the plastic that have plastic protusions coming though them and the end of these pieces are melted to fix it in place

After removing the three screws and cutting off the melted ends it unclips starting from the middle and pulls towards the middle of bumper to come off the two locating pegs on the outside edge of the bumper

Awesome, thanks Pauly. THeres no structural integrity without this bit.... I think I just worked out which bits are plastic welded.... painful....

@Pauly thank you for your extremely quick response and advice. Much appreciated and so well timed.
I love you and want to have your babies!
:notworthy:
The plastic welds were not to bad in the end, just time I hadn't factored in as I hadnt seen any info on that bit anywhere. But all good in the end.
I need to work out a way around my distrust of Pay Pal so I can support the site fully...
Thanks again.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do with the Startline bumpers I've just replaced? Put them online but no sniffs, presume the T6 isn't old enough for the commercial crowd to need replacements.
So, anyone got any suggestions. Don't really want to simply them in the tip but that's looking like a valid option.

Hold them if you can because some of the scene is changing and the black bumper look on a slammed van is becoming more popular. You just need to wait for a bite...

Ya coulda said that before I forked out £800 to change them! :rofl:
Not sure I can store them too long, they take up most of the garage space...

Has anyone painted the bumper inserts themselves with any success? Did you have to smooth them, special primer them?
Im going to do mine gloss black so wondering if it's possible to do myself or open wallet surgery at a body shop.

I realise this is nearly a year old but did you store those bumpers Sabre?

not going for the slammed look, just the not worry about bumpers in rammed terrace street look...

HI @cleave14 , the front one was taken for someone who was going slammed and wanted to put something else on whilst he got used to parking it! . The back one finally went to the tip just before christmas, sorry.
@admin can you mark this as closed please?

Back