It’s time for tyres. I don’t want to change the suspension. Is there an optimal mix of new wheels and tyres that is good value and looks nice for £1k?

DubiousEngineering

T6 Pro
2478EBC8-FD82-414B-B78F-7661BB0F56A0.jpeg

It’s time for tyres. I don’t want to change the suspension. Is there an optimal mix of new wheels and tyres that is good value and looks nice for £1k?

What don’t you like about what you have ? This will help people suggest things.

Pete

A set of Devonports with delivery mileage tyres for around £500?

Especially if you can find some with Goodyear Cargo Vectors (the VW all season option) on, by all accounts these are excellent. The default (Continental/Bridgestone?) tyres aren't great in my experience.

It all depends what you like...

I fitted 255/50 onto 18 x 8" wide wheels with ET 43....
Here they are on my van, before it got lowered...

They give a good comfortable ride and make the speedo read spot on.

Tyres are Bridgestone T005 and are 106 load rated, there are also some Hankooks with the same spec. you'll find both on Black circles.

My wheels are ATS Evolutions, but I'd check out Wolfrace who have some reasonable priced load rated wheels and can supply complete with tyres.

For what its worth I got my from Wheelbase Alloys, but it took them 6 months to actually deliver all 5 wheels that were ok.

Also if like me you believe the spare wheel should be a real full sized one then the carrier will need modification to fit it.

let us know what you go for.

IMG_7062.JPGIMG_7064.JPGIMG_7067.JPG

Yeah maybe a bit, 8.5 would prob be better, but the full sidewall gives a great ride.
OE sport-line are 255/45 on 8” rim.
I like the “bulge” for the ride and wheel protection.
Personally I dislike the “stretched” tyre look but each to their own, Horses for corses and all that.

Back