Climatic A/C blowing hot air to rear pax, no A/C

skarn

Hey, so I just bought the Caravelle T6, longer version (manufactured 12/2015) with mileage around 8000 (so almost fresh new) and the standard Climatic A/C. Possibly known as a Shuttle in the UK.

No matter what settings I use, the A/C blows only hot air from the roof exhausts in the passenger area.

While from the driver's seat exhausts I'm getting cold air so the A/C works perfectly fine there, in the passenger area, the exhausts going from the roof blow just hot air, no matter if I set it up for cold or hot air. It feels like air is not going through the cooling substance at all.

Now the most stupid part - just visited authorized VW re-seller and the guy there told me this is a standard situation. What ?! He advised me to close all the exhausts on the passenger area as it can really blow just hot air (he said it can not blow cold air) and leave the A/C turned on for the front and rear part so the air will circulate from driver's seat to the trunk with no help from the "middle" section A/C.

It feels extremely stupid to me to believe this, the car is bloody expensive and even with the basic A/C it should be definitely able to blow cold air from all of it's vents.

Do you guys experienced same situation ? Climatic version A/C (not the Climatronix) on Caravelle ? Thanks

klimaanlage-climatic.jpg

Thanks Kevthegas. Do you think there's a possibility of upgrading to Climatronic A/C without loosing the warranty ? I bet it would be expensive but well, this A/C I have right now is of little use.

It was around 27 700 EUR so I'm quite surprised for this money, the A/C can not blow cold air from all vents... :/ Consider the most unlucky combination I have - the car is black (super hot in summer) and long version. With this, the current A/C setup in my car is a real struggle. Maybe that's why the prev owner sold it

It was around 27 700 EUR so I'm quite surprised for this money, the A/C can not blow cold air from all vents... :/ Consider the most unlucky combination I have - the car is black (super hot in summer) and long version. With this, the current A/C setup in my car is a real struggle. Maybe that's why the prev owner sold it
We have dogs (just like kids) and air con in the back is essential, its good old VW penny pinching again!

We have dogs (just like kids) and air con in the back is essential, its good old VW penny pinching again!

The air con in the exec is not the best it doesn't go ice cold like most other cars we have had poor in my eyes for a 50k van

Just picked up my shuttle se with climatic and all im getting is cold air in the rear passenger area,turning the dial to the red makes no difference....what am i missing?.

15431398071224904631572522211040.jpg 15431398071224904631572522211040.jpg

Hi all, hoping someone can help please?

Got a LWB Shuttle towards end of last year and the air conditioning / ventilation vents on the roof just don’t appear to have ever worked. Up front in the cab seems fine. Can engage the ‘rear’ button on the dash and the light comes on and the lower rear box/fan kicks into life and instantly comes on and blows but the ceiling vents are just dead. No air coming out at all, turn the fan speed control up and down and there’s just no air coming through any of them left to right on both ceiling bars. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Anything super simple/obvious to try or is it a big ol’ stripping back the roof as a minimum and having a proper poke around inside? If so, that’s definitely out of my league and will have to look for a garage to help. With that said, anyone have any recommendations as to who could take a look diagnose and fix please?

With all this heat at the moment the family are suffering a little in the back, so any help would be much appreciate please! Thanks in advance.

With the selector panel set on either of the left vent buttons and the blower on max do you get anything out of the side vents at all?

551C61AF-7F2E-4E2A-A9E8-DEA57B2FF9EC.jpeg

881AF2FD-0750-44BE-8CF7-11FDD67E8FEC.jpeg

ah ha! Well crikey, don't I look stupid now, thank you so much for the super quick reply man.

I hadn't even considered putting my hand 10mm to the side away from the articulating vent to check that before.

So in answer to your question, yup, there's air coming our of that and the 'fan box' or whatever that is at the rear still seems to work when engaging the 'rear' button on the dash. This also seems to respond to changing the ceiling vent dial from 1-4; increasing and decreasing the speed, but nothing out of the articulating vents is that makes sense?

So have a very hot and a little unhappy family in the rear at the moment, eek!

that is exactly the same as mine, I happened to look in to it last week.

There is a small servo motor in the headlining at the rear which you can access by popping off the d pillar trim and the trim across the top of the tailgate opening.

It is tricky to get out and is held in place by two T20 screws. Removing the motor I found the gear wheel had sheared off, I think because the motor operated beyond the limits.

I tried a new motor from VW but it did the same thing so I removed it.

The motor controls a flap in the headlining which diverts air between the side vents and overhead articulating vents, it is biased so it defaults to side windows if the motor gear breaks. When you stick your hand in there you can operate the flap by hand, I’m going to stick mine in the position with some duck tape so it stays on the main vents which are more useful.

817A579C-9EAC-40D4-89FA-A646EDB32934.jpeg

F45EF4AA-A690-4DB5-A7FB-6881965D6BA7.jpeg

AB6DDCB6-8818-403F-A53A-245CC918816F.jpeg

0AE5666A-1CCF-4420-8FE4-FC795B86CA35.jpeg

Back