ISS and Space-related discussion

An hour-and-a-half to Crew Dragon return coverage, NASA TV on Yooch

Staying in the Malvern Hills. Storms forecast for here as well. Damn.

Dartmouth campsite here and 50/50 blue sky and fluffy white clouds but did someone also mention 2:00 am as best time to watch?:cautious:
I only ask as my child sized bladder has managed to hold out through the nights so far this week so no midnight rambles... could try more beer?

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
No meteors visible here in Shropshire yet, but an amazing display of lightning within the clouds !

Pete

Truly epic thunderstorms over the Midlands. We have had continuous lightning for about 90 mins.

Pete

Thanks @Loz I've not seen that before. Watched good electrics slide past to the south of me tonight. No reason either...
Hopefully some of the persieds tonight.

The lighting was pretty good to watch in the Malvern Hills last night.

I could only see the sky light up in the far distance.
Thunderstorms forecast again tonight.

That’s a great lightning link @Loz :thumbsup:

Tonight see up to 40 Starlink Satellites pass over the UK
Starts at 10pm for just over 12 minutes
If clear the satellites should be seen passing overhead, West to East.

If you not seen before, you be looking for what will look like faint stars moving overhead.

Not sure what I'm looking for but did see what n2yo said was the space station...

Saw 3 objects moving W to E very fast one after the other in same direction . Needed binoculars to see them, and cloud cover made things difficult.

Pete

@Sabre , No ISS pass over UK tonight, but you can see random satellites from time to time.

@Pete C
Yes, this sounds like you found them.
On a clear night you will see many more, one after another.

It was too cloudy here tonight, I couldn’t see any stars above, so I had no chance seeing the satellites.

Back