ISS and Space-related discussion

I'm new to all this :)
So the bright white light I saw at approx 22.13, travelling west to east was most likely the ISS? I did see a tiny glimmer of something a couple of minutes later but it didn't really seem to be travelling just a feint glow then disappeared? Similar position to the path of the previous light though.

Starlink #7 satellites will be going over head at 22:21 tonight WNW to E, Overhead pass.
22:36 Starlink 6, W to E, Overhead pass. 14 mins

Times are approximate

Thursday 25th June.
SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launch a new batch of 60 Starlink satellites live from Florida.

The Starlink launch is expected at 21:39 BST (UK Time).
Hopefully around 15 minutes later should be quite visible as it passes over the UK after launch.

Second pass approx 23:25.

Update... launch uk time 21:18 today.
Due to the new launch time, the launch pass won’t be visible over the UK.

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Comet Neowise
The comet will reach its closest point to Earth on July 23 and it is going to be visible from anywhere in the UK for the rest of the month.

It can be seen from 11pm low NNW sky.
It is best viewed at about 2.30am-3:00am in the north-east sky anywhere in the country.

That was off my iPhone with the NightCap app.
Next week I'll try with Mrs Loz's 5D and her 100-400 EF lens.

Nice one @Loz :thumbsup:

I seen it for the first time last night, took a quick pic, but to much light pollution.
Hopefully better pics to come.

Spectacular ISS pass a few minutes ago, almost directly overhead, clear & bright. Awestruck every time I see it :oops:

Yes, the pass last night was incredibly bright.
I was looking for the Comet, it’s not so noticeable with the naked eye now.
The ISS pass tonight is 22:27
A good time if you don’t like to stay up late.

220D4A0D-EEAF-40E8-8490-A7CB7DA4BC48.jpeg

5955F465-67A1-47A6-BEAE-2D78EF956FC7.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Back