Isle of Man TT 2024

Not this year, going to the Manx GP instead. Went last year (by bike only) and had a great time. I can see the advantage of taking the van (with bike on the back), but you need to book the ferries so far in advance - tickets for 2024 are about to be released next Monday and will sell out quickly.
Enjoy your time there - hope you get a clear run over the Mountain!

Not this year, going to the Manx GP instead. Went last year (by bike only) and had a great time. I can see the advantage of taking the van (with bike on the back), but you need to book the ferries so far in advance - tickets for 2024 are about to be released next Monday and will sell out quickly.
Enjoy your time there - hope you get a clear run over the Mountain!
Went 2019 bike, pillion and luggage…

Tickets went on sale this morning, Mrs is driving the camper and I’m riding the bike, same crossings luckily.

Campsite booked today as well… only 12.5 months away lol

Most of the roads around the TT route were 50 mph max last year (except the Mountain, which was also 1-way). But roads further away were unaffected. We were lucky last year to have the loan of a house in Douglas with yard bike parking at the back.
Tried three successive mornings to get a clear run over the Mountain, but there had been an incident by the time we got there the first 2 times. Then we managed to go over twice on the third! Awesome!

Yeah we got held up at Ramsey corner due to someone losing a tank bag and contents… no one injured… opened the road with no traffic and we were the last to get across the mountain before road closing again for racing….

exhilarating to say the least !!

From 2022 :D :

Van to Heysham & then 2 push bike wheels (booked as a foot passenger), with a few mates...

TT2.jpg

Camping under canvas, no T6 luxury:

TT4.jpg

Apparently, according to those that know, this is 1 fast supercharged bike, that's pretty expensive?

TT3.jpg

Doing the same again this year, fantastic time away & deffo booking again for 2024

I go every year.

We first went on bikes and camped. Douglas prom was out of this world and everywhere was limit free out of town.

One of the lads met a girl and moved over there.

So 18 of us stayed in his two bedroom flat the next year.

Been every year since, apart from foot and mouth and COVID.

A few more have moved over.

Lots of stories.

Don’t forget to have travel insurance. Although there is a reciprocal agreement with the UK so medical costs are covered , that is all. Friend of mine’s wife was taken ill and was flown to Liverpool for treatment. A short time later he got a bill for £4000 for the Medicair flight.

Don’t forget to have travel insurance. Although there is a reciprocal agreement with the UK so medical costs are covered , that is all. Friend of mine’s wife was taken ill and was flown to Liverpool for treatment. A short time later he got a bill for £4000 for the Medicair flight.
This is true, I have seen bills much higher at £20,000, repatriation insurance is what is required.

Back