Is this van worth the advertised price?

D3KKR

I’m going to look at a prospective van tomorrow.
Being a new lad at getting a camper and wondered if there is anything I really need to check/look for?
Vehicle is
2012 T32 140 4Motion 6spd with diff lock
Full Vw history on 88,000
Good mot history
Skyline pop top and the usual camper fit out
Belt and pump done
Cheers people

How much is he asking?

Tidy looking T5. Belt and pump is good. Depends on the money he’s asking. Check if those front captain chairs swivel smoothly

Offers 34k?
He’s asking £34k or you’re thinking of £34k as an offer?

It is ball park, in my view, given that it’s a 4motion. If it’s been looked after, you could end up with a lot of van there. I wouldn’t worry about the mileage. I gave my T5.1 to mother-in-law at nearly 90k miles and it is still a lovely drive

You are paying a premium for 4 wheel drive - do you need it ?

Pete

He’s asking £34k or you’re thinking of £34k as an offer?

It is ball park, in my view, given that it’s a 4motion. If it’s been looked after, you could end up with a lot of van there. I wouldn’t worry about the mileage. I gave my T5.1 to mother-in-law at nearly 90k miles and it is still a lovely drive
I was thinking it’s sensible money and it’s got just under 83,000 on it.
I’m not worried about mileage as my 2012 Amarok has 177,000 on it and sweet as a nut.

You are paying a premium for 4 wheel drive - do you need it ?

Pete
Yes due to where I live and places I go,the diff lock is a welcome bonus.

It is but I think the prices of things nowadays has gone mental.
A mate has just bought a 6 month old kombi and the conversion is costing 25k+
This would be affordable to me,give me a decent van to just head off in and use and give me room to tweak it to how I want.
Only paid 52k for my house!!and I’m from Yorkshire!
Totally agree with you prices are crazy at the moment and perhaps I’m being a bit tight and if a Yorkshire man thinks the price is ok I must be really tight lol

Totally agree with you prices are crazy at the moment and perhaps I’m being a bit tight and if a Yorkshire man thinks the price is ok I must be really tight lol
I just spluttered my beer!

Sounds to me like you’re going to buy the van!!! Go for it!

yes don’t let us put you off if you feel comfortable with that price and you think it will give you good times go for it

Back