Dash dim with sidelights: Is This Normal?

One thing I wanted for years was a fibre optic display that had feeds from all lamps, so you could clearly see what was working and also when using ACC/hill hold etc when the brake lights were coming on..

If I was doing a full conversion, I would do a diy version.

I don’t like using my lights on auto, I like to decide for myself when or if i need to use them.

I’m convinced when questions are asked, why someone’s lights are off or on, ( around Dawn and dusk) that they are on auto!

I don’t like using my lights on auto, I like to decide for myself when or if i need to use them.

I’m convinced when questions are asked, why someone’s lights are off or on, ( around Dawn and dusk) that they are on auto!

No issues with that on the t6. You only have to drive past the shadow of a tree and they ping on.

I wish VW put some indication on the dials that shows when your dipped beam is on...

The backlight on the Hazard Warning Lights switch lights up when the headlamps are on. Easy to glance over to see what is happening.

The backlight on the Hazard Warning Lights switch lights up when the headlamps are on. Easy to glance over to see what is happening.

Yeah I know but when it’s bright out still hard to see...I use the reflection off the oncoming vehicles number plates to confirm.

I personally like the fact they come on in marginal conditions, first few cars I had with auto lights I was always manually switching them on in the rain.

Standard behaviour to stop people driving in the dark with no lights on as you can’t see the display
Lots of people don’t like it but I actually think it’s a good idea, often see cars driving around on sidelights/DRLs when it’s dark as I assume there’s does light up ??
Yep seen that too driver assumes lights are on because display lit up.

This is the main thing that annoys me with the T6! Is there any way to have the van coded so that the instrument cluster illuminates when the sidelights are on? My T5.1 instruments used to light up in dark conditions, such as under trees, even when the lights were off. I'm sick and tired of all this nanny-state we know what's best for you mentality.

No issues with that on the t6. You only have to drive past the shadow of a tree and they ping on.

Is the sensitivity of the auto lights adjustable at all, I find them far too sensitive.
Even during the day they’re going on, off, on, off as you drive under trees, even when the sun is out. The car in front probably thinks you’re an idiot.
I find myself turning the auto function off quite a bit, but then we’re back to having no dash illumination. :mad: :mad:

I noticed the other day that my instrument panel is illuminated all the time now, even when the light switch is set to Off.
This is since I activated “Scandinavian DRL’s with Carista.

Is there no way to code the instrument panel to light up when side lights are turned on
It annoys me too as sometimes main beam aren’t required but you can’t see the dials

It annoys me too as sometimes main beam aren’t required

This sort of thing always amuses me. Why would you drive with only side lights when you cannot even see the dials of your van? Am I missing something?

Personally I have the headlights on or I don't. Side lights are for parking.

Is there no way to code the instrument panel to light up when side lights are turned on
It annoys me too as sometimes main beam aren’t required but you can’t see the dials
Three posts up... or just...

Back