Is it possible to fit bikes into a SWB Kombi without taking the front wheels off and with the rear seats still in?

miket99

Is it possible to fit bikes into a SWB without taking the front wheels off and with the rear seats still in?

(I thought it would work with a 60/40 rear seat - flip up half of it and wheel the bikes into the gap, but they don't flip up, do they?)

Mine is a bit different being a Caravelle, but I put mine in crossways with the front wheel turned 90 degrees.

I reckon you can fit 3, maybe 4 road bikes in the back of SWB without removing wheels or seats.

My road bike goes in with the front wheel as close to the passenger slider as possible and bars hooked over the back of the seat (with seat covers on!). Rear wheel is then sitting about half way down the wheel arch on the drivers side. I'd say comfortably 2 more like than, maybe 3. I can check if you want?

We have MTBs and a 27.5 or 29er needs one of the wheels poked into the gap beside the rear seats if you want to get more than one bike in

I have three full size MTB and there is no way they will all fit in without at least one of the front wheels taken off.

I reckon you can fit 3, maybe 4 road bikes in the back of SWB without removing wheels or seats.

My road bike goes in with the front wheel as close to the passenger slider as possible and bars hooked over the back of the seat (with seat covers on!). Rear wheel is then sitting about half way down the wheel arch on the drivers side. I'd say comfortably 2 more like than, maybe 3. I can check if you want?

mate, if you can take a picture of 2 or 3 road bikes packed in with both wheels on it'll cost me 30 grand!

1, 2 and 3 bikes in no problemo. If packing them like this, I would use one of those cheap yoga mats in between each bike.

Photo 4 is the rail I bought after seeing it recommended on here. Only issue is you need to loosen the bar bolts and turn the bars down. No hassles really, just a minor inconvenience. Think the bar was originally designed for MTB.

PS - all the road bikes are big frames!

IMG_20210729_094305.jpg

IMG_20210729_094355.jpg

IMG_20210729_094444.jpg

IMG_20210729_094959.jpg

legend!!

I owe you a pint! Or I would, if I could afford it now I'm buying a van..

1, 2 and 3 bikes in no problemo. If packing them like this, I would use one of those cheap yoga mats in between each bike.

Photo 4 is the rail I bought after seeing it recommended on here. Only issue is you need to loosen the bar bolts and turn the bars down. No hassles really, just a minor inconvenience. Think the bar was originally designed for MTB.

PS - all the road bikes are big frames!

Back