Is it possible to change the dashboard display glass?

LambethBoy

204 DSG 4Motion
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Yes I know it’s plastic but mine is really scratched. I've tried several methods to buff this out with different products but none really worked.
It it possible to just change the plastic or would it need a complete new cluster?
Could I upgrade??

5D46B612-8564-4D57-ADA1-61C975088A7B.jpeg

Yes I know it’s plastic but mine is really scratched. I've tried several methods to buff this out with different products but none really worked.
It it possible to just change the plastic or would it need a complete new cluster?
Could I upgrade??

View attachment 167148
There are posts on here about this and how to polish the scratches out. From memory by Mfwic

I had the same sort of scratched on my screen. It was like the previous owner had kept their phone on the dash and where it had moved around corners it was massively scratched. I got some of this off amazon and I'm amazed at what it looks like now!
Screenshot_20230524-110311_Amazon Shopping.jpg
This is a pic of half the screen before (didn't think to take a pic before until I'd done half!).
20230523_184536.jpg
This is after.
20230523_184540.jpg
It was hard work and a little unnerving as for the deep scratches they supply some fine sand paper to wet sand with which makes the screen cloudy. Then repeat passes with the compound resulted in 95% of my scratches gone. Very happy with it.

Screenshot_20230524-110311_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Have a Search, there is other content on the Forum with references to effective polish

Back