Is Anyone Running 20" Modular Steels??

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Seen 18" on vans but what about 20s?
If you are can you send some pics please.
Cheers

Seen 18" on vans but what about 20s?
If you are can you send some pics please.
Cheers

Theres a guy that follows me on Instagram called Dan Chambers, he's done a really nice Crafter camper conversion which is very interesting.
He runs a set of Black Modular steels in 20" on his T5. They look ok on his because it's on the floor low, but never seen them on a T6.

Theres a guy that follows me on Instagram called Dan Chambers, he's done a really nice Crafter camper conversion which is very interesting.
He runs a set of Black Modular steels in 20" on his T5. They look ok on his because it's on the floor low, but never seen them on a T6.
I'm not on Instagram but the wife is, I'll have a look.

Exactly these.....
Go on chris purchase them.
We should start a wheel "try before you buy" scheme
I would love the try before you buy!
Problem is that I think I agree with resident styling guru @Tourershine on this. If they’re 20s then you need to be slammed, like, belly scraping arch rubbing, aired out show van low to pull them off, which isn’t practical for me.
Or maybe photo shop expert @MatT6 could help with a preview?

There you go @Dannyb6467 cool on that, but might not look so cool on a T6 that isn't on the floor. Nothing suits a T6 better than Amarok 18s in my opinion if you're going steel. However, as i've found out recently, they are yet again short of stock everywhere.

20200301_084522.jpg

There you go @Dannyb6467 cool on that, but might not look so cool on a T6 that isn't on the floor. Nothing suits a T6 better than Amarok 18s in my opinion if you're going steel. However, as i've found out recently, they are yet again short of stock everywhere.

View attachment 61896
This one also looks good because it’s a commercial look with the naked bumpers and mirrors. Even better if it was a PV.

I have 18" Amaroks with GG AT3s now and love them. I thought i loved 18s for the ride quality and had thought 20s would be harse....then i drove a van with 20s the other day and it was really nice, no suspension mods, just a stock T32.
So...i have ordered a new T6.1, Pure Grey (as per your photo damn it!!) and those Black Modulars look fantastic IMO. Just need to explore AT tyres for 20"
Any recommendations?? that wont scrub even when on full lock and the suspension compressed.

I have 18" Amaroks with GG AT3s now and love them. I thought i loved 18s for the ride quality and had thought 20s would be harse....then i drove a van with 20s the other day and it was really nice, no suspension mods, just a stock T32.
So...i have ordered a new T6.1, Pure Grey (as per your photo damn it!!) and those Black Modulars look fantastic IMO. Just need to explore AT tyres for 20"
Any recommendations?? that wont scrub even when on full lock and the suspension compressed.

I can only tell you that I put AT3s on my 19" Steels and they looked awful, so took them straight off again. I don't think aesthetically AT tyres suit bigger wheels, 18" max. You end up all wheel and too much tyre, where as 16-17 or even 18 seem to give you all tyre and less wheel, making them look really nice.

You should of snapped up my 19" steels when they went up for sale on here, thankfully I saw the light and withdrew the sale.

20181102_125422.jpg

I should have snapped em up...except I dont like the thought of selling a kidney...look fantastic!
Tyre choice really does govern what wheels I use, even with 4Motion my van doesn't get home with normal road tyres on if it snows, it wouldn't even pull of the drive in the snow with the OEM Contis
No issues with the AT3s.
Is there an AT tyre for 20s that would fit a T6 do you know??

I should have snapped em up...except I dont like the thought of selling a kidney...look fantastic!
Tyre choice really does govern what wheels I use, even with 4Motion my van doesn't get home with normal road tyres on if it snows, it wouldn't even pull of the drive in the snow with the OEM Contis
No issues with the AT3s.
Is there an AT tyre for 20s that would fit a T6 do you know??

Probably, but I don't know if it will look like your traditional chunky 4x4 tyre. @MAT@VWT5UPGRADES might be the better person to advise on this one.

Just wondering if anyone has 20" inch deep dish modular steel wheels fitted to their T6 and what if any issues have arisen from replacing your alloys.

Any pics would be great as I'm struggling to picture them on mine!!

I'm looking at these at the minute but am wondering how much they'll stick out and whether that then means I need to fit flared arches?!

Any advice is appreciated as always.

Logan
Screenshot_20210922-133056_eBay.jpg

Back