inverter under drivers seat?

cfdave

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi All.
I was wondering if its very bad practice to place the inverter under the driver seat? I don't know if theres room yet. I have a battery, fusebox and ctek 250se.
Or would it be best placed under my passenger seats? I have a double.
Im only looking at a small inverter to run a laptop charger. Maybe 500w or is it worth me getting a larger.
Thank you

I dont know with regards of where to put it but I would say you need airflow around it if you are going to run it at full capacity. And wattage wise it really depends on if you are going to only use it for that. 500 watt would be ample for that but if your thinking of using it for anything else I would go bigger. Some 500 watt ones are not much smaller than say a 1000watt one nowadays. I have a 1000watt one in my work van and it will run a microwave and a 1kw kettle. So I would say you just need to work out what you want to run off it and go from there.

Make sure its a true sine wave inverter, avoid the more common 'modified sine wave' ones ;)
It should be ok under the seat but personally I like to see equipment rather than hide it away afro.gif

I will only need the sockets as a just incase. So won't be using them much.
I just need to fit the inverter somewhere as I want to be able to have swivel double seats. So j need to fit it under the seat somewhere.
Just wondering if it's safe. Or if it's even possible.
Thanks

If it's only to run a laptop charger you need it for you'd be better ditching the inverter altogether and getting a 12v > 19v charger. Much more efficient on power and a lot smaller

.... and more convenient as you can use it anywhere theres a cig lighter socket...

Pooooop. I've already wired the van and placed some socket around now..

I will look into it though. Makes m
Life easier

Back