Internal Door Locking not working

markcalv

VIP Member
Anyone experienced any issues with the internal door locking? Had my van about 6 weeks and can't get the internal door locking to work. When I press the switch it initially locks but then immediately unlocks, almost as though a door is open (but it isn't!).

The van locks ok with the key from the outside, it's just the inside that doesn't work. I also tried activating the auto door locking with Carista and experienced the same issue. As you drive off the doors try to lock, but immediately unlock again.

Any thoughts?

Mines just done this for the first time ( never happened before )whilst on a camping trip
Did you manage to solve it ?

Nope. Still doing it. I need to get round to checking all of the door mechanisms to see it I can trace the problem. I’m assuming one isn’t working right, however it’s strange that it still locks ok from outside. Is yours exactly the same?

It’s most likely a microswitch in one of the doors mechs. If one of the deadlocking microswitches is in the wrong state, the van unlocks for safety reasons.

Back working correctly again for the last two nights camping
Im assuming that when we sat with the sliding door slightly open in light rain some water affected the door contacts for 24hrs or so.
Seems to be working again fine now that all moisture gone ???

Back