SWB internal bike rack solution

I've basically got a LWB van with a SWB living area, the storage is still LWB.
Then I'm planning to use the extra 400mm or so on removable bulkhead storage to equipment. When equipment not needed if having a romantic weekend away and wanna use rock roll bed open tail gate and look at the view bulk head can come out and stay home !

In my head .....lol

I've basically got a LWB van with a SWB living area, the storage is still LWB.
Then I'm planning to use the extra 400mm or so on removable bulkhead storage to equipment. When equipment not needed if having a romantic weekend away and wanna use rock roll bed open tail gate and look at the view bulk head can come out and stay home !

In my head .....lol
Thanks @ROMANY TAMPIN - Exploria do something similar using the extra space of a LWB for storage (bikes etc) and a SWB camper conversion behind a bulkhead. unfortunately mine is SWB so your ideas will not work for me. I'm liking what you end achieved with yours :)

Weekend in N.Wales done on the bike. This was the travel solution. Brother’s bike similar config on the other side. Solid using just 2 bungee cords per bike.

3FAD96AF-7C26-45D7-9C38-2C717EFB4E46.jpeg

@Braddyboy simple but effective. How you find the kombi floor & carpet lining, is it a PITA to clean?

I'd put the bungee round the top of the fork under steerer tube rather than on the fork stanchions!

@Braddyboy simple but effective. How you find the kombi floor & carpet lining, is it a PITA to clean?

I'd put the bungee round the top of the fork under steerer tube rather than on the fork stanchions!

Floor just brushes/vacuums out, carpet just needs a soft brush once dry.

It’s round the stanchions because that’s where the tie down loop is, but also it keeps the front end from moving about, don’t want the speaker bashed in by the handle bar.

This is what I built for my SWB. Was the only option for me.

I have to swop the buddy seat out which is the only pain.

659DCDDD-70AA-4CD6-82BD-D28CD657FFD9.jpeg 390C1245-F630-4F69-899F-7893D0749052.jpeg 0A54F595-37B4-4E69-956B-F3CCC0BB52EE.jpeg 338DAB62-6E29-41DC-BFDD-A7AC29CCDAF8.jpeg 2FBDF812-9EF9-49C1-8BD7-E8CBD6F2BF30.jpeg F667222F-83DF-47EF-A4A2-0CE3508C8B40.jpeg

Just had this knocked up by the guys who did the interior on my T6.
very neat bit of kit too, you can add/remove the axle clamps easily too so it just leaves the rail when not in use. They are planning on making these for retail.

I like the look of that, is the rail secured to the rings?

Neat rail system. Can’t find it with google but assume it exists in some format already?

I see the Saris Trap mount is still available in the US but can’t find anyone still selling it in the UK

Traps Triple Track Truck Bed Bike Rack

I’m about to make a 2/3 width console bed/slide out canteen that uses the folded double seat as the front of the bed. that precludes me using the compression fit tail gate opening truck bed mount I opened this thread with. The design will include full width sheet floor using the anchor lashing points to secure it. I’ll then fix a fork mount to the ply and should still be able to mount two nested bikes alongside the console. With the single seat removed the second bike fits without the front wheel removed with a Thule/Remo type arm clamp fixed to the ply side wall panel.

I like the look of that, is the rail secured to the rings?
yes it’s fixed to the existing anchor mounts using a slightly longer torx fixing, the d-ring can also stay in place.
I like the fact they’ve put in an angled axle mount too, sets the bars back slightly if your mounting more than one bike.
With mine being a SWB I have fold the rear seats to get my bike in as it’s long.

Yes, my 29er and AWOL gravel bike need a seat folded but Mrs Barnstomer’s 27.5 and gravel bike fit without folding seat. Tend to leave the single seat rear at home so it’s not a big deal.

Neat rail system. Can’t find it with google but assume it exists in some format already?

I see the Saris Trap mount is still available in the US but can’t find anyone still selling it in the UK

Traps Triple Track Truck Bed Bike Rack

I’m about to make a 2/3 width console bed/slide out canteen that uses the folded double seat as the front of the bed. that precludes me using the compression fit tail gate opening truck bed mount I opened this thread with. The design will include full width sheet floor using the anchor lashing points to secure it. I’ll then fix a fork mount to the ply and should still be able to mount two nested bikes alongside the console. With the single seat removed the second bike fits without the front wheel removed with a Thule/Remo type arm clamp fixed to the ply side wall panel.

I’d love to see the results when you are done, sounds like what I’m trying to do with mine

Back