SWB internal bike rack solution

I like that system a lot but realised when I got it last week that my 29er doesn't fit too well and I have the 3 seat bench.

I am considering swapping it out for the 2 + 1 so that I can remove the single to fit it in and then maybe install something like this.

Slightly more faff, but have you considered either removing just the back wheel and putting the bike in the other way, or removing both wheels? Might save you swapping the seats, floor and mounts.

Those Thule storage bags look great but if you’re on a budget, Ikea big blue bags for 50p are great for muddy kit. Long straps even hang over the head rests so the bags dangle upright behind the seats.

Currently looking at getting a Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 SL 500. Glad to hear you love it, any other comments?
Cheers

Currently looking at getting a Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 SL 500. Glad to hear you love it, any other comments?
Cheers

Have a look at the Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Race 500.. My bike is the Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Action Team 500, its pretty much double the price of the Race but i'm not sure its double the bike for the average mtb bike rider. Sure you would see the difference if you were a pro but I only got it as a I like the best.. (all the gear no idea approach!)

Depends what sort of money you want to spend really, whats your budget?

The Cube bikes I had one all picked and was put off by a few different folks.
I still look and wonder why, nice bikes, I bought a Cannondale eMoterra LT1 that's a cracker

Have a look at the Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Race 500.. My bike is the Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Action Team 500, its pretty much double the price of the Race but i'm not sure its double the bike for the average mtb bike rider. Sure you would see the difference if you were a pro but I only got it as a I like the best.. (all the gear no idea approach!)

Depends what sort of money you want to spend really, whats your budget?
£3.5-4k, already have two Cubes so happy with the brand. Just checked out the Race, nearly all the main components are downgraded a fair bit including crucially the gears are SRAM which I just don’t like, for £500 I think it’s worth it.
Toss-up between the 140 TM and the 160 SL which are pretty close on price and spec apart from the obvious sus travel. Prefer the colour scheme on the SL I think. I operate almost on the same basis as you though lol.

£3.5-4k, already have two Cubes so happy with the brand. Just checked out the Race, nearly all the main components are downgraded a fair bit including crucially the gears are SRAM which I just don’t like, for £500 I think it’s worth it.
Toss-up between the 140 TM and the 160 SL which are pretty close on price and spec apart from the obvious sus travel. Prefer the colour scheme on the SL I think. I operate almost on the same basis as you though lol.

I don't think you can go wrong with Cube..

Check out "eBike Smile - eMTB Community" on facebook, loads of reviews on bikes.

The only thing I have read about the Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 SL 500 is the bottom bracket/clearance is low.. Most ebike have problems with pedal strikes so thats a consideration.

I've recently bought a Forty winks Bike Station and I was hoping to be able to fit some sort of bed alongside it so I can still keep my bikes secure during weekends away. Has anyone managed this successfully? With a 110/120 cm width bed there is not a lot of room to load/unload the bike

IMG_7362.JPG

I've designed and built a removable bulk head to carry my MTB. Only bit of a faff is have to remove bars as bike goes width wise across the van it is a 29er.
Im hoping my road will fit easy !

Its almost finished and by end of week available for public scrutiny

I'll post pictures at weekend

Check this out guys, might be of interest:

BikeStow
I'd seen these previously and like the look of them but all pictures appear to be larger vehicles or without second row of seats. I want to keep second row of seats ( maybe to use as support for a bed) and store a bike along side it. It can be done but it's tight and I was wondering what ingenious solutions might exist before I start dreaming them up. Cheers

LWB van @Tellmewhatsnew

Its still just rough at mo

I've got a RIB rock and roll on other side of my bulkhead. That can be removed easily. The shelf to support front wheel and axle clamp will be fixed to bulkhead.

Back