Interior lights timeout time

rover220

VCDS User
T6 Guru
Has anybody found a way in vcds to prolong the time the interior lights stay on for. I work out the back of my a lot and would be handy.

Hello, I don't know iff you get a answer on your question.

But you can change the time by changing module 09 chanal 038. standard value is: 21 (10.5 minutes) en you can change it to 254 (127 minutes). it's multiplying whit 30 sec.

Well thats interesting, i always thought it was an external timed relay away form he BCM, great bit of info there @JCElec :thumbsup:

Well thats interesting, i always thought it was an external timed relay away form he BCM, great bit of info there @JCElec :thumbsup:
The BCM could still be used to trigger the relay . . . . . , its odd because ELSAWIN shows a direct connection to the BCM for power feeds and neg for the lamps . . . . . but the front BCM carrier shows a location for a "interior light" relay. . . . . i need to get and check mine to see if i have the relay. . . . . we know the BCM is the timer . . . . . but not 100% if or who has a additional relay.

It’s planted straight on the front of the BCM carrier facing the drivers seat

yep, I've updated the post showing it the other day, but not sure if i actually have the relay fitted or if its just a blank space.

the schematic doesnt show the relay as fitted, i need to check the carrier at some point.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: mmi
It’s present on mine, it’s a half size relay and fits on a double carrier sharing the other half with the headlight washer relay, that’s the only reason I know as I did the washer retrofit full factory style

It’s present on mine, it’s a half size relay and fits on a double carrier sharing the other half with the headlight washer relay, that’s the only reason I know as I did the washer retrofit full factory style
so on yours the BCM must switch the relay on for the +v timer and use the BCM -v for the fade-out. (so i assume when you take the relay out you loose all the internal lights?)

Hello, I don't know iff you get a answer on your question.

But you can change the time by changing module 09 chanal 038. standard value is: 21 (10.5 minutes) en you can change it to 254 (127 minutes). it's multiplying whit 30 sec.
Thanks again. I had a play with a couple of values and can double confirm the adaptation as described above. And of course the value "0" gives no lights.
Code:
Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels:. 7E0-937-BCM-V1.clb
   Part No SW: 7E0 937 090 C    HW: 7E0 937 090 C
   Component: BCM PQ25 Max4 H82 0752 
   Revision: B9082001

A kind of interesting thing is that VCDS HEX-V2 does not need the ignition to be on when playing with module 09 adaptations or codings. Then e.g. OBDeleven requires the ignition to be switched on.

Back