Interior Lights no longer working off Door opening setting

Stu/Lucy

Hi I could really do with some help, I have had my T6 converted recently and really pleased I am, but last week the interior lights in the cab and rear have stopped working when you unlock the doors. The rear lights work when you flick the switch over to manual. The passenger cab light did light up really dimly when switched on but nothing now. I have checked all the fuses but can't find anything a miss, anybody have any ideas please. Thanks

Bad earth perhaps? I think maybe these lights are negative switched rather than positive switched.

My guess is that an earth wire has worked its way loose. Do you know if the lights work off the leisure battery? If so check all connections on the -ve terminal. Check where the leisure battery is earthed to ensure it is tight. If it is not there, then the only other choice you have is to trace the -ve wire from the light back to its earthing point. There are two located at the back of the van; one at the pack of each d-post in the region of the tail lights.
Failing that ask your installer where they run their earths to as they will have a specific way they do it in all of their vehicles.

The lights work off the leasure battery ok. Looks like I am going to have to look for that needle in a hay stack. Thanks for all the info DaveyB I'll let you know how it goes. Cheers

The lights work off the leasure battery ok. Looks like I am going to have to look for that needle in a hay stack. Thanks for all the info DaveyB I'll let you know how it goes. Cheers
Good luck. Hopefully it won’t be too hard, especially if they all worked and now they all don’t. It really can only be a connection issue.
I hard the same problem with the first lighting install I had done, turned out to be a loose negative battery clamp.

DaveyB. Found the problem, after the wire on the switch fell off connecting back on was not enough. I found out you have got to disconnect the battery which resets the BSM what ever that is but it worked

DaveyB. Found the problem, after the wire on the switch fell off connecting back on was not enough. I found out you have got to disconnect the battery which resets the BSM what ever that is but it worked
At least you’ve resolved it, so that’s all that matters - however bizzare.

DaveB spoke to soon its back and the wires are in place, I reckon that was a red herin. Wondering if it could be the BCM now. Any experts on here that could advise ?

Back